03-prefix numbers - AOL refuse to believe these are inclusive

Options
Crabman
Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
We have AOL Talk Unlimited, which gives inclusive calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers 24 hours a day.

I've contacted OfCOM to verify 03 calls are included in our call package (details here) & quoted AOL's own website (here) but that only led to this response:
03 numbers are included in the AOL Talk packages now but not all 03 numbers are free of charge. For example the number the mm called 03002001122 is a chargeable number. 0300 numbers are a cheaper alternative to 0870 number's but they are still chargeable. So it is a valid charge on his bill.

Any ideas on what to say/do next?

It would be great to get this sorted without having to spend time writing and posting (haven't they heard of email?) a formal letter to their "Vice President of Member Services Office".

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Comments

• billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    All calls to 03 Numbers should be treated the same as 01/02 Numbers so if you have inclusive minutes they should be included in your bundle,if you dont they should be charged the same as calls to 01/02 Numbers.Their are not any that are specifically chargeable !!!

AOL is part of the CPW Group. Suggest you E-Mail the CEO Office. This usually gets a High Level Response.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-contact-ContactForm?CONTACT=BOSS
  • dashforth
    dashforth Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably AOL have not singled out Crabman for this overcharging. Can anyone else on AOL Talk Unlimited confirm that they too are being charged for 03 calls?
  • karensmith
    karensmith Posts: 2,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I signed up for this package yesterday, and was told it was 01,02 and 03 numbers ;)
    "The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die" #mentalhealthwarrior ❤
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    karensmith wrote: »
    I signed up for this package yesterday, and was told it was 01,02 and 03 numbers ;)
    Yes, that's what their website says too. You'd think CPW's staff would know basic details about the telecoms industry, or at least be able to read... ;)

I've been in touch with OfCOM again. Although they can't look into individual complaints, they log all issues & will apparently take action if necessary.

Therefore, their advice to anyone having problems is to contact them (details here) so all incidences can be logged.

I've been advised to write to AOL and request a deadlock letter. If this can't be resolved then it will be referred to CISAS.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Is that the same OFCOM that is looking at making charges for people to recieve a calls on a mobile as they do in the US of A?

Who's side are they on?

I hope if they introduce this we can find an OFCOM mobile number and get loads of people ringing it at a premium rate.

Ofcom considers termination charges
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport