03-prefix numbers - AOL refuse to believe these are inclusive

in Phones & TV
5 replies 3K views
CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
9.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
We have AOL Talk Unlimited, which gives inclusive calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers 24 hours a day.

I've contacted OfCOM to verify 03 calls are included in our call package (details here) & quoted AOL's own website (here) but that only led to this response:
03 numbers are included in the AOL Talk packages now but not all 03 numbers are free of charge. For example the number the mm called 03002001122 is a chargeable number. 0300 numbers are a cheaper alternative to 0870 number's but they are still chargeable. So it is a valid charge on his bill.

Any ideas on what to say/do next?

It would be great to get this sorted without having to spend time writing and posting (haven't they heard of email?) a formal letter to their "Vice President of Member Services Office".

:wall: :wall: :wall:
I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides