We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

M & S Furniture order - 6 weeks delay - refund not given until delivery

Options
I placed for a leather 3 + 2 Seater Sofas with M&S . I ordered the goods on 25/08 The date I was given for delivery was 20/10 and payment would be taken from my account on the 17/10 (3 days before delivery) I had already agreed a 20% reduction on the price paid because of an internet offer that was not applied on the date of Order, so in theory I overpaid 20%.

I called around 22nd October and advised a delay of the order until 05/11 and offered an additional 10% discount to compensate this.

I called again on 03/11 and was advised of a further delay of the items until 20/11 and was offered an additional 5% reduction and £50 in vouchers as a good will gesture, this I accepted.

I have now been advised of a 3rd delay until 05/12!! which is now an overall 6 week delay in the furniture (apparantly now, because of the awful service, I have had all the good will gestures they can offer)

I find this situation very very frustrating. One fact is that the refund I am now due is over £400 and I think that this amount of money should be refunded immediately rather than at a delivery date that may or may not be the 05/12

I cannot argue that they have offered me deductions (15%)for the delay but what annoys me is that I have had no sofa for 8 weeks (moved into new house) and M&S willl not refund any money not even the initial over payment of 20%. So I am over 1k down with no Sofa and a guaranteed date, that based upon previous experience will shift again anyway!!.

i have asked them to provide an ex display model from my local store just to tide me over, but thi request they have refused......I am just so fed up but in a catch 22 situation if i cancel then I wont get one ordered for delivery before xmas from anywhere......any advice on who to escalate this complaint to in M&S??
Nice to save.

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    I have a fax number for the CEO's office - 0845 3030170. The name was Stuart Rose when I complained but check he is still CEO as they've had so many changes. You can get up-to-date company information from this site
    https://www.hoovers.com/free

Hope this helps.
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    give them hell.... dont accept excuses.... they are in the wrong.... you might not get more discount, but the least they can do is accept their behavioour is unacceptable
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family