Dress Dilemma - I Cannot Choose!!!!

Options

Comments

• gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sammy, from the way you are writing it sounds like you have fallen in love with dress 2 so that is the one for you :)

It's such a big bonus to be able to take it home for you. Mine is being made but I would love to be able to look at it. It will also mean you can make a decision on shoes, jewellery etc much earlier
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Horace. I'm on holiday from work this week, so I am going to sleep on it, get in my car in the morning and see which shop it takes me to lol. If I get dress 2 and get to bring it home, I will take a photo and post. Wedding isn't until August next year, so can't wait that long!!!
  • Sammy_Girl
    Options
    Thanks gill. Also, because dress 2 is a two piece, I can take the corset (which is tiny :D ) with me when choosing bridemsaids dresses to make sure I get a great colour match.

I think my mind is made up too. But the lady at dress 1 was so lovely, even gave me a kiss and a hug when I left!! Great sales technique, I'll have to try that one at work!!
  • aimee21j
    aimee21j Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    I paid for mine yesterday and even though they said they would store it for me, I brought it home (just in case). I also brought my tiara and shoes home(to break the shoes in) and can't stop looking at the tiara :D
  • Sammy_Girl
    Options
    Hi Aimee,

When is your wedding? Mine isn't until Aug next year!! I can't wait to get my tiara home lol. I'm sure you keep looking in the mirror to see how it sparkles lol
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    so has your heart decided yet???

landy is still down grrr I wonder whats happened :(

Steph xx
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    I had a similar dilema, 2 dresses to choose between... But there was £700 price difference... The mse in me will be walking down the aisle in a £200 dress, I also found I have fallen more in love with it since I can keep getting it out of the cupboard and looking at it... Or getting my MOH to help me put it on... (no real excuse needed)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• Sammy_Girl
    Options
    Thanks Girls!
    Krystal, when it got down to the two dresses, I thought that because I can't choose then I will base it on price. And then I started playing the 2 shops off each other and now the dresses are the same price.....so that option is out of the window lol.

Steph, I think I have decided. I have just called the shop with dress 2 and I am going there at noon today to have another try on. I think my heart likes that one more :D I want to make the decision today, and a final decision at that!!!

Shame about Landy, I wonder why it is down? Have you ordered your dress from there already? I'm thinking of getting my bm dresses there now.
  • aimee21j
    aimee21j Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    Hi Aimee,

When is your wedding? Mine isn't until Aug next year!! I can't wait to get my tiara home lol. I'm sure you keep looking in the mirror to see how it sparkles lol

Hi Sammy. Mine is August 8th next year. What date is yours? We are now under the year mark eek! I am trying so hard not to get it out of the box as it is quite delicate :D
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Now I wish I had brains last night but was feeling dopey, I had the opportunity on Freecycle to get some unworn Alfred Angelo BM dresses in dusky pink only by the time I had made up my mind about them - they had gone (although what I would do with them I haven't a clue).

Look on freecycle - you never know.

Good luck with the frock Sammy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family