ANDREX instant WINNERS LIST ERM!!!

Options

Comments

• irisrose
    irisrose Posts: 4,248 Forumite
    Options
    Just catching up I recieved this email below
    Thank you for contacting us about the ANDREX® Hello Softie Game.

The winners of the promotion are:

Caroline Chan Kent
    John Kehoe Bedfordshire
    Lee East West Yorkshire
    Sandra Goodson West Sussex
    Fiona Tomlinson West Yorkshire
    Sharon Sawkins Hertfordshire
    Mark Milsom Warwickshire
    Julie Phillips Essex
    Johanna Wilson South Yorkshire
    Janice Foster Cumbria
    Catherine Andrews Hampshire

We appreciate your interest in our products. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Antonella Cassar
    Consumer Services Department
    Kimberly-Clark Europe

012813791A

Kimberly-Clark Limited (registered in England under No. 308676) registered office address 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4HA. Kimberly-Clark Europe Limited (registered in England under No. 4060641) and Kimberly-Clark European Services Limited (registered in England under No. 4071548), registered office address 40 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9QP.
  • needahol
    Options
    I've added my details to the list that was being collated but have also emailed the complaints team at the ISP (the governing body for the Sales Promotion Industry) since Andrex stated that the competition was approved by them.

I will post if I get anything back
    08 wins £3000+ :j09 wins £4408:j2010 (6 months off) £2004:j2011 £10,003 :j 2012 - £6013 :j2013 wins £8500 :j 2014 £5530 so far....
  • cg1982
    cg1982 Posts: 8,961 Forumite
    Options
    please may i add my details aswell as i played me game alot and am discusted in how many prizes were given out and the lack of response its just pure fake the whole competition was a fake
  • missk9
    missk9 Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cg1982 wrote: »
    please may i add my details aswell as i played me game alot and am discusted in how many prizes were given out and the lack of response its just pure fake the whole competition was a fake

Hey CG you have to PM for full name and location to lmk.
    The link to the name lmk will be on this thread somewhere.
    BACK and READY..... waiting on Royal Mail!!!
  • raggamuffin
    Options
    i never even got a reply for andrex and i emailed about 2 weeks ago :confused:

im going to email again !

i have already added my name to the list
    Z2009 wins 14k :)2010 wins 26k:)

• jojogirly
    jojogirly Posts: 1,730 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I got this today

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiry regarding the online ANDREX® "Hello Softie" game. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the total number of winning entries for this promotion.

All 916 potential winning cards were inserted into the game by a computer programme throughout the duration of the promotion. To be precise, potential winning scratch cards were allocated by a computer programme to be randomly distributed over the promotional period based on play rate. As previously communicated, players were required to correctly complete two tasks to win one of the 916 prizes offered.

We have attached a copy of the terms and conditions for your reference.

Again, we are sorry that you are unhappy with this promotion, and you can be confident that we will share your comments with our Marketing team for consideration when planning any future promotional activity. As a gesture of goodwill, we are sending you a voucher in the post with our best wishes.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Wont make any difference to my opinion of them. I am wondering what do you think the odds actually were of winning something throughout the game?
    Total 2019: £3972 - Best win this year £3000
    2018 total £4062/2017 total £2260/ 2016 total £2025/ 2015 total £3809.
  • cyberem78
    Options
    I got the exact same email last week. Sounds like there wasn't much chance of winning. Totally rubbish comp!
  • hamster
    hamster Posts: 603 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    jojogirly wrote: »
    Wont make any difference to my opinion of them. I am wondering what do you think the odds actually were of winning something throughout the game?

The terms and conditions read as follows.......
    In order to win, players will be required to correctly complete 2 tasks:
    Task 1: Correctly answer a minimum of 5 questions, which will be randomly selected to make each game unique.
    Task 2: Players must locate 3 matching prize images randomly hidden behind 9 squares by clicking on 3 squares only.
    The terms and conditions clearly imply that having completed Task 1 there would be 3 matching prize images randomly hidden behind the nine squares for you to find. What Andrex are now saying is Task 2 was in fact virtually impossible because there were only 916 occasions when there were three matching images to find.

There is no doubt that the T&Cs are, at the very least, deliberately misleading and nowhere does it state that it would only be possible to complete Task 2 on 916 randomly selected occasions. There seems a strong case to argue that the wording of the T&Cs indicates Task 2 would always be possible. The fact that everyone taking part took this to be the case is a good indication that the average person reading the T&Cs would take that to be their meaning.

As for the odds, if you had a "potential winning card" the odds of uncovering a first matching square would be 3 out of 9 (ie 1 in 3).
    The odds of getting the second square would be 2 in 8 (ie 1 in 4).
    The odds of then getting the third would be 1 in 7

The odds of finding all three therefore would be 1 in 3x4x7 = 1 in 84

With 916 "potential winners" and only 1 in 84 of those being "actual winners" the number of winners over the whole promotion should have been 916/84 = 10.9

Andrex always knew there would be around 11 winners, that they would not be giving out 916 prizes or £500,000 worth of prizes.
    Well, you know, my ancestry isn't all hamster.
    I'm one-sixteenth wolf with, you know, a little wolverine in there somewhere.
  • katylittlelady
    Options
    Hi everyone,

First can I apologise for not having read all the way through the post but I am presently on my honeymoon where we are travelling for four months and am taking advantage of the free internet time so not enought time to read it all!

My question is I am the soilitary winner from this duff promotion and won two pairs of measly roller skates! Hardly a share of half a million pounds worth of prizes! I know several people have complained but does anyone think it is worth me contacting and complaining! The reason I ask is because I also spent lots of time playing and if I could have had my choice of prizes it wouldn't have been the roller-skates!

Please let me know (in brief) what other people have done so I know if it is worht me doing anything as I really think they have falsely advertised the whole thing!

I will check again on the forum in the next couple of days!

Thanks and wishing you all some comping luck from Thailand!

xx
    Thank you to all posters:beer:
  • katylittlelady
    Options
    Also has anyone contacted the Uk Gaming/Gambling Commission about these complaints?
    Thank you to all posters:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport