We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MORE THAN .. a car insurance

Options
wow wot a service up to yet ....

submitted car insurance claim over the phone on monday night at 8 30 pm....

9 20 am tuesday morning had a call from the garage telling me that they wished to arange collection of my vehicle and to drop courtesy one off..

1 30 pm... vehicle towed away and new 05 plate courtesy car (6 miles on clock) sitting in my driveway .....

thursday i called garage to see wot was happening...

MORE THAN had already given the go ahead for the repairs and work had already started on the car :j :j

all this without any money changing hands yet... :D

up to yet i am a very happy bunny
Heaven wont let me in & Hell's too scared i'd take over :kiss:
Alcoholics do it till they pass out :o:D :;)
THE MORE I NO THE LESS I UNDERSTAND :o

Comments

• BargainHunterCat
    Options
    I'm very glad you're happy with the service. :T

This is actually the service you should expect if you are comprehensively insured. It's a shame that we are often surprised when we actually do get treated correctly these days!

If you have any trouble with the claim, let me know...I'm ex-insurance claims myself and I love to help out when insurance companies slip up! :D
    Debt 2007 £17k :(

Current Debt approx £7.5k :)

Target - to pay off all debts by 2020 :A
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Glad SOMEONE's having a good time with More Than.

I had an accident on 9th September (when a lorry driver drove into me - I was stationary - and then sped off) and More Than have not contacted me AT ALL in this time. I have rung their incomprehensible Indian call centre, emailed them and written to them. The garage has now been in touch to say the repairs have been authorised (despite MT telling me they have NOT been - the garage have helpfully faxed me through the written authorisation though!). But MT have done NOTHING to try to recover my excess from the driver, even though the police are now after him as well.....

(Deserves its own rant on the rant board, I know. And I might do that later) :mad:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    god I can't stand their adverts!!!

worse than Michael Winner

what is it with insurance companies and crap advertising

(let me quote you happy, than's more than lucky, don't worry dear......)
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ac wrote:
    1 30 pm... vehicle towed away and new 05 plate courtesy car (6 miles on clock) sitting in my driveway .....
    What in the world are they doing with an 05 plate car (05 plates ended on 31 August) with only 6 miles on the clock 2 and a half months later??? Very strange.

Apart from that, top service. I've also just run quotes for myself and the Mrs and they are very good value, particularly considering that they are one of the very few companies to offer protected no claims discount (for life in their case) for a premium less than 15% of the gross premium - More Than seem to charge more like 5% extra for it which is hardly anything and tempts me to change my regular advice that protecting NCD is a waste of money.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also had excellent experience from Morethan. My car was taken away and a courtesy car delivered on the day of the accident. I got my car back good as new within a week! The people on the 'phone were really helpful and they were brilliant when the other party in the accident got a bit nasty. I would still be with them if they hadn't put my insurance up by £200 for no reason (I haven't claimed in the last year and my circumstances haven't changed).
  • dadrock
    dadrock Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Strange to see a good story about MoreThan. I find it hard to believe though, based on my own experience of them.

I have had nothing but trouble with them ever since I renewed my car insurance last July.

They cashed my cheque. Never sent my new certificate through. After 2 weeks I chased them. They said "What money? Prove you paid us." It was as abrupt as that.
    I had to get proof from the bank that I had paid them and send it to them.
    3 weeks later they invoiced me again! More calls to them. Excuses. They then sent me the wrong insurance policy. More calls. More Excuses. They didnt replace it. More calls. More excuses. Got it wrong again. More calls.........
    ......I am still chasing them for it now. I have asked the Ombudsman to help me get my insurance details from them now. How hard can it be to print a schedule with the correct details and put it in an envelope? They managed it ok last year?!?!?

I just hope I never have to make a claim - they really dont know their !!!!!! from a hole in the ground in my experience of them. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport