Red Debt Collection (Lowells) & 3 mobile

Options

Comments

• Love_A_Bargain
    Options
    Thanks George, I will definitely let my BF send out that letter.

When he asked for the airtime agreement as proof they told him that they did not have it on the system anymore, because they don't keep records of phone bills for more than 2 years. So I will let him write to the Head Office of Tmobile to request such documents and see if he can get it.

Once again thanks for the "prove it" letter.
    You are 48% tight
    "You're frugal, you're thrifty, but on this site that's a little bit fab."
  • HannaB
    HannaB Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Just to provide an update...

I sent the "Prove it" letter to Hamptons recorded delivery and they signed for it on the 18th October. A week after that I received a letter from Red (funny that, eh?) saying that there are investigating the matter.

The saga continues...
    Please continue to hold the line. Your call is very important to us and will be answered by next available robot...
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    LAB - it's not up to your BF to prove whether a debt is owed or not - that's the DCA's job. If they want the money they can get the proof. Don't go mkaing their job any easier for them.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Another one to add to the collection... I posted a new thread about this tonight as a search didn't show this thread...thanks to fermi for the link...I've been with 3 for around 5 years, with usually 2 ctt phones on the go, and my letter related to an old ctt of around 2-3 years ago...all paid by dd, and they've given me further ctts since (currently got 3 on the go with them!!) and yet absolutely no contact from 3 to say I owed them anything....until now :( I'm afraid I ranted a bit on the thread I started..but think it's time for the "prove it" letter......

btw....letter from 3 and accompanying Lowell's letter (in same envelope, no less!!) both dated same day...already sounds more than shady...we'll see what they come back with.....
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • GunJack
    Options
    ...and another thing.....

I checked on my internet banking, and the direct debits from all my previous contracts (except the three current ones I have on the go now, and the very last of my previous contracts) are so old, they don't even show up on there any more.......bl00dy bandits !!

I'm not gonna let this one go...I'm going to be off work for a few weeks starting Monday...will have lots of time to deal with this...

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • GunJack
    Options
    bump - has anyone had any joy in clearing up what's been going on with 3 and Lowells at all ???

• GSENSEI
    Options
    Yep excatly the same as everyone else above.

Got my letter (dated 28/11/08) on Friday december 6th. apparently I owed 3 30 odd quid from march 07. Now this is a loads of old testicles as when I cancelled with £ I was so appalled at their appalling customer service that I did so in writing and kept all records. No way are they getting a penny from me.

From what I can gather from above comments, they are essentially fishing, trying to see who they can bully into repsonding and paying.

I think the correct response is

a) send a prove it letter

If still making demands

b) send a letter demand proof of consumer credit agreement, (this costs a quid)

If still being a pain demand a subject access request.

ANd go on to trading standards website and complain. they are only doing it beacuse they can. They need to be stood up to. I really can't be arsed but when I think of all the poor scared people who couldn't find this link it makes my blood boil so I'm complaining.

Nothing on telly anyway.

Has anyone sent these letters nad still been made to pay? anyone had them drop it?
    Please let us know your outcomes. It's so inspiring to those of us whp have just recieved letters.

Game on!

G

:mad:
  • GunJack
    Options
    right, just getting my mitts on my experian report, even though I know it'll say this account was settled, then they're getting the "prove it" letter......will keep this thread posted with any developments :mad:

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    right, just getting my mitts on my experian report, even though I know it'll say this account was settled, then they're getting the "prove it" letter......will keep this thread posted with any developments :mad:

Go for it, GJ. The unfortunate thing is that the overwhelming majority of people who have recieved this 'demand' from Red/Lowell will be unaware of either this forum, or their rights, and will simply 'pay up' to get these thugs off of their back.

It's 'money for old rope' as far as these vultures are concerned, so they don't mind if the odd recipient uses his legal rights to tell them where to go.

It's a strange world.

Good luck, anyway. :confused:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • GunJack
    Options
    right, got my experian report, and it confirms exactly what I knew already...all my H3G accounts up to date, all settled, and clean on Experian.

ALSO......Lowell have searched my credit file THREE TIMES in a four-week period during Oct-Nov this year......cheeky, conniving, dodgy-practice company :mad:

All the letters are ready to go, Mackenzie Hall as the collectors(is robbers too strong a term :confused:), Lowells and 3 customer services and will be out in Recorded Delivery....let them try and dispute this !!!!

As someone said earlier....

Game On

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure