Credit Reference and scoring discussion area

Options

Comments

• olavbear
    olavbear Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    i bought a car on higher purchase , amd i allowed to sell it ? as somone told me that it belongs to the bank , but im paying the installments everymonth surley i can sell the car but continue to pay the instalments on the car ?????????
  • Cerbera_2
    Cerbera_2 Posts: 1,317 Forumite
    Options
    Where is the best place to get my credit score?
    Should I get the statutory £2 one or is it worth spending the money on the Experian or Equifax reports?

Not sure if this is the right place to post :confused:
    NCFC Member #00012 :cool:
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    For £2 you get every scrap of information the CRAs hold on you including explanations of any codes used so that you can understand it. You will get no extra data by spending more money, instead what they offer are interpretations. They may point out things on your report that are likely to help or hinder your rating. They may also give you a credit score. However all interpretations and scores have to be taken with a pinch of salt because the lenders prefer to take the raw data and make their own minds up what score to give you (the exact formulas are kept very secret as they all think they have a better system than their competitors!).

Personally I have only ever gone for the £2 reports but it's a matter of personal preference.
  • Cerbera_2
    Options
    Thanks Reaper!
    £2 report it is then.
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you will not be affected by previous owners of the property.
    check out this link; if it does not work, the main website is https://www.experian.co.uk
    http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/index.html
    Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)
  • jonnyb
    Options
    Flash, the £600 spend on debit card should not affect your rating as it will not get reported. If you use the credit card and pay off each month, that will get reported so will help you.
    I suggest you check out Martin's suggestions for best money-back credit card if you plan to spend those amounts.
  • jonnyb
    Options
    JasonW wrote:
    Can anyone help with my credit report? Im honestly so fed up with experian and equifax! On equifax my date of birth isnt showing on my report, but shows OK against my previous address right underneath. Is this likely to cause any problems? I asked equifax to change it and they said they cant, it has to come from the council. Rang the council register thingy and they said they dont keep date of birth info, and to get equifax to amend it. Tried again but they said the same thing.

Also, if an account with not too great payment history was settled on 24/03/1999, will this disappear from my report this month (ie after 6 years)?

Cheers
    JW
    Jason, just seen your question from March. I don't think DOB is linked to voters roll info; that only records dates first recorded at property, and dates last recorded.
    DOB is listed on credit account info, if lenders supply it - Experian call theirs CAIS data, Equifax call it INSIGHT.
    Why is it important that your DOB shows on the file ?
  • lkoky
    lkoky Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Due to my recent disappointed experience in open a new current aacount (full story at
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=71059) I am considering getting a credit report.

I tried Experian 30 free trial online application, but they saidthey couldn't find my information and ask me to send pasport copy and bank statement.

I also read in this thread that you can get the credit report for 2 pounds however I couldn't find this info on Experian web site (only online thingy which cost 49.99 a year).

How do I order a credit report (at 2 pound preferably)?

also I just send an electoral vote registration form to my city council last week. So it is worth to wait a little longer before ordering the credit report (I'm not in a desparate situation for a new current account or credit card, having said that the sooner I can get this sorted the better).

thanks.
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help. I've recently moved from my family home to a flat in which I only plan to stay a year to a year and a half. Will it be a problem (from a credit scoring point of view) if I let all financial institutions keep sending me stuff at my 'home address'? Or will it be better if I change my address with all related financial institutions?

Many thanks for any help that can be given!
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • Cerbera_2
    Options
    lkoky wrote:
    Hi there,

Due to my recent disappointed experience in open a new current aacount (full story at
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=71059) I am considering getting a credit report.

I tried Experian 30 free trial online application, but they saidthey couldn't find my information and ask me to send pasport copy and bank statement.

I also read in this thread that you can get the credit report for 2 pounds however I couldn't find this info on Experian web site (only online thingy which cost 49.99 a year).

How do I order a credit report (at 2 pound preferably)?

also I just send an electoral vote registration form to my city council last week. So it is worth to wait a little longer before ordering the credit report (I'm not in a desparate situation for a new current account or credit card, having said that the sooner I can get this sorted the better).

thanks.

Hi,
    If you go here you can order the £2 report online or send off by post.
    I got mine. It is good and lists all financial agreements you've had, if they've been settled, missed payments, etc.
    Best two pound I've spent :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family