Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Options

Comments

• Mary_Hartnell
    Mary_Hartnell Posts: 874 Forumite
    Options
    Lidl is currently proudly boasting it has won the "Which?" - Best Value For Money Retailer award.

So it is ok to slip in there and save a quid or two, now that the average family grocery bill is up 15 GBP a week.

Your friends and neighbours should be impressed by some of the "exotic" continental
    brands and the shops are usually in side streets, rather than in the prime locations; so you won't be spotted in the car park:D.

Lidl is currently offering Pimms at not much more than the reduced duty Calais price.

And it is even cheaper here on "mysupermarket.co.uk":

Sainsbury's
    £[STRIKE]17.49[/STRIKE]£10.00 - Valid until: 08/07/2008
  • beyond_skint
    beyond_skint Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi's do a strawberry icecream. Frostys icecream, in a black square tub. It's lush, whole pieces of strawberry :T. Try it it's so more;)ish
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi Super 6 Fruit & Veg White Seedless Grapes 500g £0.69

Sainsburys are boasting 30 fruit & veg half price - White Seedless Grapes per kilo [STRIKE]£4.49[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]£2.99[/STRIKE], £2.24

Sainsburys " Spend a lot, live a little !"
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stamford wrote: »

Yes, I bought my first load a couple of days ago. It'll cost me a fortune while this offer is on! Mind you they were rather tasteless, I hope they're not all going to be like that.
    Stompa
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Yes, I bought my first load a couple of days ago. It'll cost me a fortune while this offer is on! Mind you they were rather tasteless, I hope they're not all going to be like that.

I had some a few weeks back when they were doing them before - delicious. I think 5 or 6 weeks back they had some tasty red grapes at a give away price.
  • Stompa
    Options
    I had some a few weeks back when they were doing them before - delicious. I think 5 or 6 weeks back they had some tasty red grapes at a give away price.

Yes, I've got through ridiculous quantities of them in the past and they've been fine. Perhaps I just picked up a rogue pack!
    Stompa
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Sainsburys are boasting 30 fruit & veg half price - White Seedless Grapes per kilo [strike]£4.49[/strike], [strike]£2.99[/strike], £2.24

Sainsburys " Spend a lot, live a little !"

:T :T :T :T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • jb5
    jb5 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    ALDI: Hot Drinks Co - Instant Hot Chocolate Drink:

I usually buy Options hot chocolate, thought I'd give this a try.
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]From the packaging I guess it is intended as a substitute for Cadburies hot chocolate. The contents of the jar had a slight sour milk smell. (Maybe a bad batch?)
    Made up a cup and had a couple of sips. Foul tasting muck, (and this is the improved version!), to be fair I don't really like the Cadburies version either, but this stuff was rank!

Only 99p compared to Options ca. 250p, but I found the stuff undrinkable & I'll be taking this back.
    [/FONT]
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Anyone got an opinion on Aldi's memory foam pillows?
  • Stompa
    Options
    Anyone got an opinion on Aldi's memory foam pillows?

I've had one for a year or more and it seems OK - mind you I've never had another sort so have nothing to compare it with.
    Stompa
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport