We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

park hampers

Options
i became a custmer for these this year and was told i would get a £10 voucher and a chocolate pack for joining them - i am still waiting for both all these months later - i have been emailing them all year and had replies saying the voucher is on its way - then i got one saying the voucher would come with my vouchers i had ordered - it didnt - i got an email last wednesday saying it had been send out - it shouldve been here now surely? still waiting....

i have also been told the chocolate hamper was only if you placed your first order by a certain date - i did do but have no proof of this now, even though they told me the hamper would be with me with my goods back in march...

now - i have asked them when i get my commision of £52 but been told it is only £12 - aaarghghghg - im being robbed !! this is soooooo annoying, but, luckily i have the paperwork for the commision so i can fight this.....

SO - ANYONE KNOW A GOOD HAMPER COMPANY I CAN USE THIS YEAR - WHAT IS THE BEST?

Comments

• rach1973
    rach1973 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get me started on these....I had so much hassle with them last year.

I ordered a catalogue one year and then ordered something - the Love 2 Shop vouchers, the following year at a different address.
    I sent them my order via post and said that I wished to operate my account online.
    I received all the catalogue, order cards etc ok, but one piece of literature had my previous address on.....anyway I logged into my account, after numerous emails asking them to update it so I could locate the log on screen, on logging in it became apparent that my order had not gone through, so I emailed them again and they said I had to order it online. Which I did and paid the first 2 payments with no trouble.

Now the problems start.....when I went to pay the 3rd payment and my address had reverted back to my old one. I updated it and paid. The following month I go to pay again and my address was my old one again, so warning bells go off...if they can't get my address right now, will they mess up and send the vouchers to my old address.
    So I cancel my order and take what payment I have made so far as vouchers to be sent out asap.
    I wait and wait.....emailed them and they said that they were sent out by recorded delivery. Nothing turned up so I phoned the sorting office and nothing was there. I emailed them saying I hadn't received these vouchers and they said that they were resending them out, still nothing so I email them to confirm my new address and yes they said - they have been delivered there.
    By chance I decided to head down to the other sorting office for the old address to see if they had something. So I gathered my kids, old utility bills etc to prove who I was and head down to try and get my vouchers.
    They had a letter for me, yes it was recorded delivery and yes it was to my old address :mad:

I emailed them when I returned home and still the CS manager was adamant that they had sent them to my new address...so I scanned the envelope and sent it to her....funnily enough I heard nothing back.

No apology, no freebie - which I should of got when placing the order....Nothing until a few months ago when some poor man phoned to ask if everything had been sorted, I bet I upset his day.

Keep clear from this company as it is obvious that they do not have a clue.

Sorry - I hope all this makes sense...they just annoyed me so much, how hard is it to update an address record??????????
  • magoogy
    magoogy Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i had the same probs online - it used to show my right address one week and then the other week it had one of my customers addresses as mine....i have since had another email saying the voucher will go out with my commision cheque but they are so busy they dont have a date yet....aaarrghghgh am defiinitely going to change next year...any clues as to who is the best hamper firm?
  • rach1973
    Options
    I haven't had any dealings with any other Hamper firms - Park put me off.
    Now I just save through out the year for xmas and earn the small amount of interest...better in my pocket than theirs.
  • magoogy
    Options
    the date for the commision cheque and voucher is end of november....arrghg
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you just put a few quid aside every month throughout the year and then go and choose the components for your own hamper? Or buy a couple of tins etc. (checking best before dates) every time you shop.

That way you get the things you actually want, so there is no waste, and you are not beholden to some "middle-man" outfit taking their percentage of your money.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• mikemoate
    Options
    Bogoff Babe

I have little sympathy for some of the above posters. They get commission from enticing other people to sign up for hampers consisting off over-priced goods, rather than do as you say and put the money aside each week into a savings acount or a well regulated credit union. As for Park hampers, don't even go there. My only experience of them was as an Evertonian when the owner became chairman of Everton and tried to run it along the same lines as he seems to run his hamper company!!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • magoogy
    Options
    i dont actually buy a food hamper - i buy vouchers so i have enough for some decent presents without worrying about the cost - i dont work (disabled) so this is the only way i can afford to get them - if i saved each week believe me i would dip into it for some reason or other....from september i start saving tins,etc of food for christmas then i dont have a big shop to do - every time i buy 1 get one free - the free one goes into the cupboard and that.....i would never buy food hampers as i think they are a waste of money....

as for enticing people to sign up for goods - i dont....the commision is only off the vouchers - which my family have ordered through me - you dont pay any interest on the vouchers at all and it is a good way to save.....i only make a small amount of commision but what i do make goes on my family gifts anyway so i dont really make anything out of anyone...
  • rach1973
    Options
    mikemoate wrote:
    I have little sympathy for some of the above posters. They get commission from enticing other people to sign up for hampers consisting off over-priced goods, rather than do as you say and put the money aside each week into a savings acount or a well regulated credit union.
    :mad:

For a start I have never enticed people to sign up for these hampers or anything else, I can't be bothered with all the hassle of getting money off other people and why should I????????????
    I set up the account for me, myself and I for the Love 2 Shop vouchers as we didn't have a seperate Savings account at the time to put Xmas money away.
    I suggest you get your facts right before mouthing off about other people's circumstances.
  • PINGA14
    PINGA14 Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    I used to use country hampers just for the vouchers as a way for saving for christmas and never had any problems with them at all. Would recommend them.
    (Not associated with them just had good service)
  • mikemoate
    mikemoate Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    rach1973 wrote:
    :mad:

For a start I have never enticed people to sign up for these hampers or anything else, I can't be bothered with all the hassle of getting money off other people and why should I????????????
    I set up the account for me, myself and I for the Love 2 Shop vouchers as we didn't have a seperate Savings account at the time to put Xmas money away.
    I suggest you get your facts right before mouthing off about other people's circumstances.

If you read my post it said 'some of the above posters' I suggest you read threads correctly before in your words 'mouthing off.'
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family