We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The 'I want it NOW!!' debt/savings thread

Options

Comments

• **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks MM. :D Expect to be hearing lots of "6 weeks to go" posts. :rotfl:

Oh wow that money box sounds fab. :beer: I would deffo get it. :D
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol-will be waiting for those then!!
    just seen a smaller version on ebay-might go for that instead,better to put a tenner in it i suppose than spend a tenner on it!!
  • **Amy**
    Options
    Thats true re: spending extra money.

I have a cow money box for my £2 coins. It never gets full up. :rotfl:

Im trying to figure out what restuarant to go to with my sister when we go to the IMAX. I told her its my early christmas pressie to her. Im torn between a lovely Italian i know or Aberdeen Angus steak house. :confused:

How was your weekend MM?

x
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As im veggie my votes for the italian!! Quiet weekend as usual! a bit boring to be honest-i'm off now round my mates for a cup of tea (gossip/moan lol)
    speak later :-)

I think i will just go into the pound shop and buy another sealed tin,it was only a quid-much more sensible lol
  • **Amy**
    Options
    To be honest MM im a bit of a veggie! Its very odd but recently I have gone off meat. Im really into my fish and veggies. :confused: I would have salmon in the steak house and probably a salmon pasta in the italian. :p Bless me. I think there would be better anyway, as its over the road from the Imax.

Im sooooo excited about going to see the Dark Knight again Hayley, you will love every bit of it. :D

Yep going to the park on the 2nd day as well. They said we can check out after breakfast and leave our luggage in recpetion until we go home. And he also said the room would be ready at 3pm but we could check in early and use the park from 9am (rather than 10am), so i think we will be leaving at the dead of night to get there early. :rotfl:

xx
  • **Amy**
    Options
    ok stop now Hayley, im far too excited. Especially for a woman of 25 years of age. :rotfl:

Blimey that is expensive for theatre tickets. Have you looked online for any discount codes or anything? I get the Metro so they may have some discounts in there, will see what I can find. Sometimes they do 2 for the price of 1.

xx
  • **Amy**
    Options
    Oooo a £10 discount is good. :beer:

I havent been to the theatre in years. Its silly really as I work in London but i suppose i take it all for granted. :rolleyes:

I keep giggling to myself and getting all hyper, and looking on the website. :p I love it.

That £1 a day thing sounds good that you are doing. I really should do something like that. Maybe i will. :D
  • **Amy**
    Options
    Ah Ducktoars is fantastic. I went on that with my old work (i worked right near the IMAX). I still havent been on the London Eye even though i worked pretty much opposite it for 5 years! :rotfl:

Awwww dont feel bad about the tickets. Have you tried this site: http://www.seetickets.com/theboxoffice/index.asp

You know I have just worked out my money (from spending sooo much when my mum was over) and it means I cant make an extra payment on my credit card this month. :eek: I spent so much money and also booking the Alton Towers tickets (which i had budgeted for next month). Bah... nevermind... :rolleyes:

Im still waiting for our accounts lady to write the letter for me for the tax office. I have been waiting abuot 3 weeks now. :mad:
  • **Amy**
    Options
    The accounts woman just doesnt seem to want to help me, like im causing her problems. :rolleyes: I have just asked my boss if he could have a word with her as its going to take weeks for the tax people to sort it out so i could do without her taking forever. Will be an extra payment for my credit card when i get it though.

Thats true about my mum, i didnt think about it that way. :o Im going to budget myself £100 for food and drink at Alton Towers. Im hoping it will be far far far less than that, but I would rather over budget than under. My coin jar holds around £60 for me to bank so that pretty much covers the tickets/hotel for Alton Towers, which is a good thing and means I may be able to pay a small extra payment this month.

Do you think Alton Towers take luncheon vouchers in their fast food places?

x
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have some luncheon vouchers what do you do with them??? anyone??
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport