We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The 'I want it NOW!!' debt/savings thread

Options

Comments

• jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning everyone. i entered loads of comps all weekend and i can't wait for the postie to come.!!

hi mm well done on selling the phone. my target is £2,500 and i have till 2010 and that is about 18 months i think. i think it is £138.88 a month extra or £35 a week. the £20 a week i pay off my debt will go towards savings so i will need £15 a week extra break it down always looks so much better!! i am aiming to save as much as possible between 1st oct till april coz that is when i can put the money in the isa.
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • jenjade
    Options
    oh mm does that look right? or have i worked it out completly wrong?
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All

Well my mum went back home last night :( Always a crappy day after she goes back. Nevermind.

Im booking Alton Towers today :j Im lending my sister the money, and she is paying me back next week. :D Im so excited.

Debt isnt going to be going down much this month as I spent far too much when mum was over. So debt free date is not looking likely for this year now. :rolleyes:

x
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • **Amy**
    Options
    :j :j :j

I have just booked Alton Towers! We are going 28th/29th September. We are staying over in the Splash Landings hotel. It is costing £68 per person. What a bargain.

:D

I cant wait now.

x
  • jenjade
    Options
    oh how exciting amy. it is important to enjoy live as well as paying off debt after all you only live once. i think?
  • **Amy**
    Options
    That is very true Jen. And i havent been away this year at all (not even to see my mum) so i think its worth it.

:D

Im far too excited to work now.

:rotfl:
  • Kevinmc
    Options
    Hey Amy

Where about did you book your alton towers tickets? I'm trying to figure out how cheap I get them for?

• **Amy**
    Options
    Hi Kevin

Have sent you a PM

x
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi jen -yep that looks right to me-excellent!!!

Hi Amy-woo-hooo alton Towers!! you deserve a treat girl-well done you :-)

ive just seen the biggest money box ive ever seen in window of local gift shop-its a red and black ladybird (red and black like my dream mini!!) and its about a foot long!! was £12.99 though !!!! -luckily shop was shut lol .am thinking about it though,could probably save the whole total for the mini in it!!
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    got my username from butlins and done my first scratchcard-thanks for that lilmissmup!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport