Halifax Home Insurance problem - please help

Options

Comments

• FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Assess_Saw wrote: »
    It is true failed adjusters from millers pcs capita et al flocked there to get a blue shirt with halifax claims written on it and a tracking system in their cars to make sure they are on the job not skiving on the golf course:rotfl:
    As for the claim keep at them at the highest level they may cave in

PCC's dont wear blue shirts. Nor do they have 'tracking' devices on their cars.
  • Assess_Saw
    Options
    " as for the claim keep at them at the highest level they may cave in" did you miss that bit i would also add that the OP may wish to take the advice of an FSA regulated public loss assessor

As regards the apology I have long since ceased taking orders from claims officials who sit in their office getting their hired loss adjusters to ask the awkward questions they wouldnt be brave enough to ask a policyholder face to face.

but if the OP has taken offence i humbly apologise:wink:
  • FlameCloud
    Options
    Assess_Saw wrote: »
    " as for the claim keep at them at the highest level they may cave in" did you miss that bit i would also add that the OP may wish to take the advice of an FSA regulated public loss assessor

As regards the apology I have long since ceased taking orders from claims officials who sit in their office getting their hired loss adjusters to ask the awkward questions they wouldnt be brave enough to ask a policyholder face to face.

but if the OP has taken offence i humbly apologise:wink:

Why do you assume we are all office based?
  • Truegrit_2
    Options
    Aycle, I will be contacting Halifax insurance tomorrow morning regarding this thread, you have been given advice by one of their employees with a guarantee that your claim will be paid. The post stated 'our complaints department' which was then abruptly changed when I made my comments. Obviously your expectations could be high as mine would be too. There are people on this site who are qualified to give you sound advice. Let's hope your claim does get settled in an honest and professional manner and possibly an apology from Halifax.
  • FlameCloud
    Options
    Truegrit wrote: »
    The post stated 'our complaints department' which was then abruptly changed when I made my comments.

Have you got any proof of that?
  • Truegrit_2
    Options
    Yes, I printed it off before you edited it
  • FlameCloud
    Options
    So, that would be a no then, would it?
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Truegrit, I believe that under DISP and Data Protection, OP's insurer should decline to discuss an issue with you where you have no professional or financial interest.

Of course, if OP wants to appoint you as their assessor and pay you a fee greater than the amount you will save them, that's up to them.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • Truegrit_2
    Options
    Panicking... I have got bullets to fire and I suggest you take the comment about adjusters becoming assessors off your posts because that won't go down well with your principals as they may be professional
  • FlameCloud
    Options
    Truegrit wrote: »
    Panicking... I have got bullets to fire and I suggest you take the comment about adjusters becoming assessors off your posts because that won't go down well with your principals as they may be professional

I suggest that you work out what a comment is. My signature is a question, a topic for debate if you will.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure