My first proper duff buy

Options
I recently bought a data cable for my new phone, carefully double checking it did say for my particular model. I wish I had followed my instincts and not bid. While I had very prompt delivery and feedback, the data cable does not work. The software installs okay, but the phone is not recognised as connected. This has been tried on three different computers, and different usb connections.
I politely e-mailed the seller, giving the benefit of the doubt that I may have missed something (even though I knew I hadn't) and have had no reply. I have e-mailed him again reminding him of my first mail, and if he doesn't respond withing a reasonable time I will have no alternative to claim my money back through Paypal. I stressed I did not want to do this or leave negative feedback, but still have had no reply.
I believe I have to wait 10 days from the close of the transaction. What I would like to know is, will my claim be acceptable as I recall the claims are for non arrival, or non payment. As the item is not fit for the purpose will they still accept this as a valid reason? There was a 7 day money back guarantee which is useless as he just won't respond.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport