CustomerStreet charge

Options

Comments

• nocashatall2009
    Options
    Don't pay Black collection anything.

It's just the !!!!!! at Customer Street trying to get money out of you by using another name. They are aware that most start ups don't want a CCJ as it affects credit ratings, which affects the ability to obtain a line of credit or most importantly STOCK.
    So based on that fact they hope you will just cave in and pay... Then they got you again. DON'T FALL FOR IT AGAIN.

Ps. See if you've got any friendly Freemasons in YOUR family too, they're absolutely magic at putting dodgy firms out of business. ; )
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ridgebk wrote: »
    i have just been contacted by black recoverys the are thretening me with the courts, they are also telling me that the recording they made of the sales call has been destroyed so its there word against mine . any help would be great thanks john.
    Technically speaking, if the recording has been destroyed - so has the contract.

It works in your favour as it is also "Your word against theirs". Let them take you to court and see how far a judge will take it ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • AlantheCourier
    Options
    Whether it's fair to say you've made a mistake is questionnable - they have a very 'good' selling technique and, as you've read, many - including me - have fallen for it.

As to service - I'm left wondering what they actually provide - apart from a website registered in your name and hosting - in my case this came to £500. They 'built' a website which looked as if it had been written by a 5 year old and which I had to instruct them not to publish und r any circumstances under my name - I re-did it myself.
    They provide a site building tool. Other than that not much if anything - they keep sending emais saying they've tried to contact me but this is rubbish as, due to the nature of my business, my phone is ALWAYS with me and switched on.

As to getting out, this seems virtually impossible - there may be a legal way but this would likely cost more than you've paid. As in my case I think the best you can do is accept that you've lost the money but make sure that you cancel all future payments - this depends on what you agreed to - but stop what you can legally stop.

I have had no return from it whatsoever - my own site which I built myself using advice freely available on the net achieves page 1 on Google depending upon search words - their's can be persuaded to appear but only in their directories, never as a stand alone listing.

Don't know if this helps and sorry if it depresses you further but there's no point in beating around the bush - this is a scam attached to a once respected name - BT - is it any wonder the country is in the state it is?
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    Have had hassel from them over the years.

Some companies have a decent service and gey results (I am talking about a business card thing in a local branch of a store)

The Iomart / Ufinfus / BT Customer Street are, in my opinion all crap.

I do, however have a decent phone that sends witheld numbers to the bin (if it is a customer they leave a message as I get a fair bit of my work from word of mouth). My phone records all the calls and they change their sales tact once this is pointed out.

The calls don't usually connect as they are witheld (as are 80% of sales calls)

Get a decent mobile and spend £30 on software- far better than £££££ to these companies

Anothe point
    ridgebk - it's up to them to prove you have a contract, not the other way round

If I were in the position of disputing a contract with them I would ask them to put up or shut up (evidence).
    They have to prove they obtained informed consent to a contract- not just you telling them to send stuff to have a look at.
    baldly going on...
  • nocashatall2009
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    Technically speaking, if the recording has been destroyed - so has the contract.

It works in your favour as it is also "Your word against theirs". Let them take you to court and see how far a judge will take it ;)

I agree. Believe me, it won't go to court. Black Collections IS BT Customer Street.
    Yes Black Collections have a website where they state their business activerties and they look genuine enough to be convincing
    but who do you suppose created that website???

Now, the goods they supplied were not fit for purpose.
    They set up the joke websites in your name which go live before you approve them.
    They have not sent welcome packs stating terms & conditions within the time scale stated.
    They are in breach of contract. Go get in touch with the Office of Fair Trading, get a copy of their standard legal letter.
    Use it to ask for your money back and a transcripted copy of any recorded telephone IF THEY EXIST and threaten them with legal action if they do not respond to you demands within the legally alotted time.
    F*@k'em basically.
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    Dead simple.

If you're thinking of signing up for SOE or anything else 'cold sales pitch' simply ask them for the contacts details for 3 satisifed customers.

Amazingly they all then say 'data protection means we can't give out', so i say 'pass my details onto them and ask them to ring me'

If a company is good, they will have a way of getting you to speak to a satisfied customer; if they can't then hang up.
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    Is this a scam? Or do they just provide an atrocious service? I have yet to have any e-mail from them, or welcome pack, but having read the above am desperatly worried I have made some huge mistake!!

It is a business transaction. If your arms are so long they can easily reach the bottom of your pockets, then you'll always be meat to cold callers.

Use the disconnect button to deal with cold callers
  • lukedavidson
    Options
    Has anyone on here actually managed to cancel or get a refund?

Started out £299 but dropped to £199. But to be honest the deal to me seemed great. They offered me 2 great '.com' domain names that i would own out right. (they said they owned them already and would assign them to me, but i checked and both domains havent even been bought!) Now 2 days later after really thinking about what i've done i am really regretting giving them my details.

They took £275 out of my account for the 'set up fee' and first months payment. I am now trying to cancel but the only number i have is the reception team and after many calls they keep telling me i have to wait 7 days to get a call back from the sales team who will cancel my account. Terrible thing is, I know that i have to cancel within 7 days of taking out the account or i'm liable to pay the rest of the 11 months payments! What can i do!

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Please!
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tell them in writing, quoting the date of your phonecall for cancellation as the date of your cancellation. Be sure to cancel any direct debits for them - then sit back and relax, have nothing more to do with them.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • mallygp
    mallygp Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Got scammed yesterday after a 40 minute too good to be true call. Promised page 1. Exclusive website names. As he was telling me, I was actually sat at the computer checking each name on domain checker and telling him taken, no taken, no that's also taken, no I own that one.

Still after all this I handed over my card details. He assured me that he was from BT. I was like a bloody rabbit caught in head lights.

I phoned my bank immediately after the call ended and tried stopping the payment. Which they informed was already gone ( it was in limbo somewhere ) I have to phone back tomorrow to check and they ill see about getting it back..

I phoned BT Customer Street this morning and told them verbally I was cancelling and then emailed them also. Tomorrow I will do the same again. Phone and email and also get an address and send a letter.

I may also email Blacks recovery just to give them the heads up as I'm sure after reading all the posts they will be on my case in a few months time:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure