Options

Comments

• margo1
    margo1 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Damon1978 wrote: »
    fankoos :) :j:beer:
    Apologies - my comment was was a bit harsh. But please think about encouraging people to cut up cans - not everyone may have as steady a hand as yourself!
  • chrissy3634
    chrissy3634 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't know about points for recycling beer cans - is it only beer?

How does it work please?

Thank you

Chrissy
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 July 2010 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Some Tesco stores have special machines that you swipe your clubcard in and then you put the cans in one at a time you get 1 point for every 2 cans.I put through all cans beer and soft drinks but they dont all qualify for points.Sometimes I once put through 80 and only got about 20 points.I used to crush them but I dont do it anymore as I find I get more points when I leave them as they are.

Not all recyling at Tesco stores have these points machines some just have the usual bin and you get no points for putting them in there.
  • Damon1978
    Damon1978 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    margo1 wrote: »
    Apologies - my comment was was a bit harsh. But please think about encouraging people to cut up cans - not everyone may have as steady a hand as yourself!

Its ok my friend :)

I did mention being careful, I guess it could be a bit OTT lol, but there hasn't really been any point deals for months now since the phones, so was just getting my point fix where I can :)
  • Damon1978
    Damon1978 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Some Tesco stores have special machines that you swipe your clubcard in and then you put the cans in one at a time you get 1 point for every 2 cans.I put through all cans beer and soft drinks but they dont all qualify for points.Sometimes I once put through 80 and only got about 20 points.I used to crush them but I dont do it anymore as I find I get more points when I leave them as they are.

Not all recyling at Tesco stores have these points machines some just have the usual bin and you get no points for putting them in there.

altho cutting the cans in half VERY VERY CAREFULLY, gives you 1point per can :) :beer:
  • kuczer2
    kuczer2 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    margo1 wrote: »

Anyone know if Tesco have any extra clubcard point offers on bandages LOL? ;)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Damon1978 wrote: »
    altho cutting the cans in half VERY VERY CAREFULLY, gives you 1point per can :) :beer:

Thanks for the tip but I don't think I will be doing that one!
  • turnstile
    turnstile Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know how to find out which tescos offer the facility to gain clubcard points for recycling??
  • S_t_e_v_e
    S_t_e_v_e Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    turnstile wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to find out which tescos offer the facility to gain clubcard points for recycling??
    There is a link on this page:
    http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/greener_tesco/what_tesco_is_doing/tesco_automated_recycling_centres.page?
    Steve
  • turnstile
    turnstile Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Steve :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts