Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• LisaMarie
    Options
    Morty_007 wrote: »
    Presumably you can just take it into store with receiptand they will refund it? they would if you bought it form a bricks and mortar store and aslong as you have the receipt they arenormally very good.

hiya

Yeah I assumed that would be possible, I just couldn't find any other way it said on their website aside from 'give it to the driver', it didn't mention to take to store as an option so just wondered if anyone had already done it.

I'll give it a try tomorrow :)

• robmcdougal90
    Options
    Can someone please help me i am trying to use points to join la Fitness i have seen on ebay people selling unregistered clubcard points with £30 on them and told that you can just transfer the points over, is this safe? and how long will it take to transfer points over?

thanks in advance
  • Quanz2
    Quanz2 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have done this. The other week I ordered Arm & Hammer toothepaste in my shopping on special at 99p, but they substituted it with Mentedent which was about 40p more expensive - but they gave me it for the price of the Arm&Hammer.
    Took the Mentedent back to the stores CS desk and was allowed to exchange it, customer service girl scanned them and gave me 40p back, so got my Arm and Hammer for 59P! Result!:j
  • LisaMarie
    Options
    Quanz2 wrote: »
    I have done this. The other week I ordered Arm & Hammer toothepaste in my shopping on special at 99p, but they substituted it with Mentedent which was about 40p more expensive - but they gave me it for the price of the Arm&Hammer.
    Took the Mentedent back to the stores CS desk and was allowed to exchange it, customer service girl scanned them and gave me 40p back, so got my Arm and Hammer for 59P! Result!:j

Good work! I actually got the Arm & Hammer toothpaste too, but they didn't discount it...I'm going to nip it back tomorrow with the Washing liquid they substituted (as I STILL haven't been...lazyness struck!)

happy weekend everyone!

Lisa
  • Beacon_Bright
    Options
    Can someone please help me i am trying to use points to join la Fitness i have seen on ebay people selling unregistered clubcard points with £30 on them and told that you can just transfer the points over, is this safe? and how long will it take to transfer points over?

Yes it will be fine.

1. As soon as you receive the card make a small purchase on the temp card. This will confirm the points value. In all probability it will show the 3000 points as Green Points, indicating the were accumulated by recycling. £30 indicates Ink Jet Cartridges £10 Mobile Phone and £40 both. It will probably be just under the £30 as Ink Cartridges have a failure rate of about 12%

2. Register the card online, in your name and at your address it will automatically be added to your existing Clubcard account. I believe you can have 5 different cards in your name at your address all adding points to your one account.

3. If the additional points don't show up soon give them a ring to confirm. Don't, of course, say you bought an unregistered card as this will breach their rules. The knowledge you gained in step 1 above will assist this phone call.

Once the points have shown up in your account they will become available to convert into la Fitness vouchers in the next quarter's payout.

A little note of caution. If you have already used up this year's limit of 30 Cartridges in your account an additional 3000 green points may flag a warning at Clubcard HQ. If this is the case it may be wise to register the card at a different address. The vouchers will still be in your name and it will avoid green points limits.

A bit of research shows the Unregistered Cards going for about 1.7x face value whereas Vouchers go for more than 2x. Don't forget the Ink Jet Recycling limit of 30 per household re-sets to zero on January 1st

PM me if you think I may be able to offer any further useful advice
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2009 at 6:40PM
    Options

thanks in advance
    I bought an unregistered card off of EBay 3600 points for £45. You have to/can phone up club card and register the card in the name of someone who lives in your home, then transfer the points onto your own card. So I registered it in my name and transferred them to my wife's card there and then over the phone. The points show up immediately. The person who owns the card you are transfering them to has to be present so that the operator can verify that they agree to have the points added to their account
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Don't forget the Ink Jet Recycling limit of 30 per household re-sets to zero on January 1st

I thought that the ink jet recycle promo worked on a rolling year, eg. if your first cartridges are recycled in say Sept 09, then your qualifying 30 max limit year would run until Sept 10.

If it is aligned to January, then theoretically we could do 30 in December and then another 30 in January and get 6000 points in total.

Correct?
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I would be careful about posting on here about buying unregistered cards. Tesco do read these threads you know. Best to keep quiet about it
  • kiwi_sheila
    Options
    Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but there is an offer at the moment where you get 300 extra Clubcard points when you place an online clothing order worth
    £40 or more. This might help someone who is planning to buy clothes anyway and wants to boost their Clubcard points.

I have copied and pasted from the email that I received from Tesco telling me about this deal. It says the eCoupon is specific to me but it would be worth a try anyway. Otherwise you could go on the website, sign up for the email newsletter, and then contact Tesco to ask for a voucher code if you don't receive one.

T&Cs are below.

Cheers,
    Rochelle

Terms and conditions

300 extra Clubcard points with your next Clothing order when you spend over £40 at the online Clothing check out.
    eCoupon promotions are exempt from the double Clubcard points offer.

eCoupon code P43T2478U is valid on a single order made at tesco.com/clothing when you spend £40 or more online by 12th November 2009. The £40 spend excludes postage and packaging costs. This eCoupon is unique to you and can only be used once per customer and once per transaction. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other eCoupon offer. This eCoupon gift is the property of Tesco Stores Ltd and is not for re-sale. This eCoupon has no cash value, see tesco.com/clothing for full terms and conditions. Clubcard minimum spend is £1 to qualify for points. Your additional Clubcard points will show on your February statement.
  • patty666
    patty666 Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2009 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but tesco's are offering 500 bonus points on various pre-order stuff.

Link - http://www.tescoentertainment.com/offers/clubcard-offer.list
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport