AXA home insurance / Crawford & co. Adjusters - complete nightmare

Options
hi all!!

some of you may know that i was burgled back in march of this year and also how frustrated i have been with the way my claim has been dealt with.:mad:

i have today found out what has been happening...

my insurance is with my mortgage northern rock so initially i spoke to their claims hotline.

they fixed my back door quite quickly so that the property was secure.

they are underwritten by axa insurance who they passed the claim on to.

i received a telephone call from a Mr. C A who is the loss adjuster allocated to my case. he took full details during the telephone call and told me he would write to me and that i should then send all of my documents back to his address.

i waited a week for his letter and received nothing. therefore i started to telephone him on his office number which kept going through to voicemail. i left numerous messages. to the point that it was june and i still had no communication from him. the only address i had to send my documents to was axa in lancaster. i therefore sent my envelope there. still nothing... :confused:

obviously i continued to leave voice mail messages. a friend suggested re-sending everything by recorded post - which i did.

i then received a call from Mr. C A to tell me off for sending everything to the wrong address and that i was lucky axa had passed it on to him.:mad: :mad:

at this point i asked why i had no communication from him and he said he had sent 4 letters to me. i said i had not received them and then he confirmed the address - he had been posting them to number 35 ...... road. so i pointed out that that was the wrong address and that every single item of my paperwork had the correct address at the top (either printed or handwritten).

guess what..... he then said that he would write to me!!!! so been waiting over a week again and would you believe it today my neighbour from number 34 popped over (thankfully he knows my surname) with a letter - from Mr. C A!!!

so finally after about 5 months i might be getting somewhere...........

sorry for the rant but this has been really upsetting me and i feel i have been mistreated and totally ignored by a company that i pay to 'protect me'.

needless to say this has caused me sleepless nights and much upset...

i have complained to northern rock and axa insurance but don't for one moment think that they really care.....
it's nice to be important but more important to be nice!! :kisses3:

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    5 months?!?! What a bunch of useles [EMAIL="*!@*s"]*!@*s[/EMAIL]!!

Who have you tried complaining to at NR and AXA? Did you send the complaint recorded delivery to someone quite high up in the company?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • princess_loki
    Options
    i have been trying to find out what has been happening by telephone - until today i didn't even know what company mr c a worked for!!! only when my neighbour passed on the letter did i find out that he worked for Crawford and Co Adjusters.

i spoke with a nice lady called paula at axa - she has filed the complaint and i have insisted that she writes to me to explain what is being done. i also managed to get her telephone number and extension number.

it seems that Crawford & Co Adjusters are a supplier of axa.

when i get the letter from paula i will start on complaint letters to axa and NR. don't think it is really worth complaining to Crawford as they are a supplier and i don't have a contract with them (thank heavens!).

at the moment far far to cross to write a coherent letter of complaint!! need a couple of days to think about what to put...
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    They aren't always bad, if that's any help (probably not!). When I was burgled last year I was with Axa and Crawford dealt with it quickly and efficiently - sent a loss adjuster around in a couple of days who went through everything with us.

Although they have just refused to renew my policy this year so I'm not happy with Axa at the moment...
  • princess_loki
    Options
    hi nej,

you were lucky then you actually got someone round to see you!!! all i got was a telephone call and then no letter!!

i had just renewed my policy at the beginning of feb - literally weeks before being burgled...

wonder if they will refuse me when i come to renew?!?!? mind you at this rate the claim will still be ongoing next feb!!!
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think it's fair to name specific employees of companies who don't have the chance to defend themselves.
  • nej
    nej Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    hi nej,

you were lucky then you actually got someone round to see you!!! all i got was a telephone call and then no letter!!

i had just renewed my policy at the beginning of feb - literally weeks before being burgled...

wonder if they will refuse me when i come to renew?!?!? mind you at this rate the claim will still be ongoing next feb!!!

I've had 4 claims in 2.5 years which is why they refused me (and the burglary one came to over £5000! :eek: ).
  • princess_loki
    Options
    geri1965 wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to name specific employees of companies who don't have the chance to defend themselves.

yes - thinking about it and now not being quite so cross as i was earlier i agree that it was a little unfair. if you look i have now edited my post to just initials.

really my point in naming someone was that it is not necessarily the company who is at fault - just the person that i have been unfortunate enough to deal with.

as commented by nej other claims seem to have been dealt with efficiently by axa and crawford.
  • Fairness_3
    Options
    hi all!!

some of you may know that i was burgled back in march of this year and also how frustrated i have been with the way my claim has been dealt with.:mad:

i have today found out what has been happening...

my insurance is with my mortgage northern rock so initially i spoke to their claims hotline.

they fixed my back door quite quickly so that the property was secure.

they are underwritten by axa insurance who they passed the claim on to.

i received a telephone call from a Mr. C A who is the loss adjuster allocated to my case. he took full details during the telephone call and told me he would write to me and that i should then send all of my documents back to his address.

i waited a week for his letter and received nothing. therefore i started to telephone him on his office number which kept going through to voicemail. i left numerous messages. to the point that it was june and i still had no communication from him. the only address i had to send my documents to was axa in lancaster. i therefore sent my envelope there. still nothing... :confused:

obviously i continued to leave voice mail messages. a friend suggested re-sending everything by recorded post - which i did.

i then received a call from Mr. C A to tell me off for sending everything to the wrong address and that i was lucky axa had passed it on to him.:mad: :mad:

at this point i asked why i had no communication from him and he said he had sent 4 letters to me. i said i had not received them and then he confirmed the address - he had been posting them to number 35 ...... road. so i pointed out that that was the wrong address and that every single item of my paperwork had the correct address at the top (either printed or handwritten).

guess what..... he then said that he would write to me!!!! so been waiting over a week again and would you believe it today my neighbour from number 34 popped over (thankfully he knows my surname) with a letter - from Mr. C A!!!

so finally after about 5 months i might be getting somewhere...........

sorry for the rant but this has been really upsetting me and i feel i have been mistreated and totally ignored by a company that i pay to 'protect me'.

needless to say this has caused me sleepless nights and much upset...

i have complained to northern rock and axa insurance but don't for one moment think that they really care.....

Thank you for letting us know your experience, I thought it was odd that the loss adjusters in Crawford simply ignore my emails, so many times. Still awaitng and awaiting for a reply, so many sleepless nights which is making me ill. I had to tell myself to be strong, don't let one burglary and then the loss adjusters ruin my life. Thank you for letting us know your experience, so now I know I am not the only one that is having this treatment. I think the Crawford deserve someone to discover what they are doing, they are adding insult to the injured.
  • princess_loki
    Options
    hi fairness,

is your insurance through northern rock / axa?? i complained about Mr. C A to axa - they said that they would make sure that he wrote to the correct address - guess what - he hasn't :mad: . he is still writing to my neighbour. this really worries me as what will happen when goods / cheque are delivered?? i know that my neighbour passes letters on but will it be the same if an x-box is delivered???

are you also dealing with Mr C A or do you have someone else? since march i have had two telephone conversations with Mr C A - he is permenantley on voicemail. you are lucky if you got an e-mail address out of them as i haven't managed to get that far! at least you can prove that you e-mailed them - i haven't got any proof and it is so so frustrating:mad: .

if you do have an e-mail address then i would be most grateful if you could pass it on - at least then i will be able to prove i have corrected his error with my address.

many thanks for your reply
    loki x
  • Fairness_3
    Options
    Hi princess loki

I got my insurance through Budget Insurance, insured with AXA, and then only started dealing with this 'Crawford & Company' when I needed to claim for loss after a burglary.

The person dealing with my claim was not Mr. C A. It was another gentleman Mr K, and he gave me another name of a lady who he said was his colleague dealing with my claim.

When I emailed Mr K many times last time and received no reply, I had a reply from his colleague saying they are still waiting for police reports etc, now they have received the report and asked me some question which I replied, they simply stopped replying my emails.

Mr K gave me his email address because he asked me to email him something. He was very good in corresponding to begin with, now both him and his colleague simply ignored me, made me wonder what happened to them. I even thought their company gone bust and started searching about ‘Crawford’ in the internet to find out who they are etc. Apparently they are a big international company and it looks like we are simply the victims of a very nuisance company.

If you follow the link below you will find the Crawford's UK office and a lot of name and address and contact email addresses, but I could not find the person who was dealing with my claim in there.

http://www.crawfordandcompany.com/content.aspx?CID=279&SID=8

Their email addresses all ended with '@crawco.co.uk'

However, I doubt it that it will be useful if you have Mr C A’s email address, I am still hoping for a reply after sending him and his colleague many emails saying ‘please reply’.

All my phone calls also met with voicemails and no result.

I was angry with the burglars to begin with, now the ordeal still continues, thanks to the very company who you paid insurance money to protect your house!

It may be time the newspaper and TV people did a programme on this company to alert people about the danger of trusting insurance companies. Some people will not be able to protect themselves and will suffer in silent, I hope the media will help everyone especially the vulnerable.

Take Care
    Fairness
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family