A payment a day............

Comments

• babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Great idea hun, instead of paying it off towards a debt i'll put a little extra into my savings like pap.

Good luck everyone x
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok so card currently stands at 333.98 - will be aiming at paying £13.35 a day off the card so that it is clear by the end of August! Just transferred my first payment over so balance is now -

£320.63 x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Like this idea - even though I am doing the £10 a day challenge (not very successfully as yet!) it often happens that the extras made don't find their way to the debt repayment. So I will have a go at this and plan to pay an average of £10 a day extra off the debts - with minimum of a pound, maximum of the whole lot (should I win the lottery!)
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Welcome everyone :D

It's day 2 and I have just paid off £1.90 via internet banking. Thought I would round it off a bit. I haven't got much money at the moment though so that will have to do for today.

Therefore, my card is down to £375 :j .

Emily x
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    Whata good idea. Can you do this post every week? I can't join in this week as my mortgage is due to go out Friday and I don't have enough in the bank to pay that :eek: .

but hopefully next week, once the next pay check goes in then I could afford to do this.

I am guessing this is on top of your usual payment to the credit card?

I will start with my Egg card I own £775 on it.

xxxGReat Ideaxxxx
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Whata good idea. Can you do this post every week? I can't join in this week as my mortgage is due to go out Friday and I don't have enough in the bank to pay that :eek: .

but hopefully next week, once the next pay check goes in then I could afford to do this.

I am guessing this is on top of your usual payment to the credit card?

I will start with my Egg card I own £775 on it.

xxxGReat Ideaxxxx

Join in whenever you can :D - it could include your usual payment as that is paying some off the card so it would count. Make sure you up the balance though if any interest gets put on :o . Good luck!!
  • penguin83
    Hi Emily - I am off to hunt out mu purse/bag etc for my 13.35. I have a cheque for a fiver to bank so only 8.35 to find for todays payment and I should have that lurking at the bottom of my bag! x
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • penguin83
    Ok just paid my 13.35 for today so my balance now stands at £307.28 x
  • Bowski_1011
    Bowski_1011 Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh I think I'll join this one..Brilliant Idea.

I just went to check my bank and had 127.45 so was going to pay the £7.45 but then when I went on barclaycard my balance was £208.00 so I paid £8 to it :) That's down to £200 now, it was £334.40 this time last month yay!!

off to update my sig....
    Initial Debt July 2020 - £6,772.80
    Debt now Jan 2021 - £6,208.21
    Overpayment pot - £0
  • lesley1960
    lesley1960 Posts: 976 Forumite
    Doesnt your bank charge for every transaction? , just a thought
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing