Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2

Options

Comments

• ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Liverpool - Clayton Square has nice Xmas cakes for £3-£4. I got a gorgeous panetonne in a tin for £3.50 down from £9.99
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Think this one's better of here
    tara747 wrote: »
    My first ever grabbit find!!!

I was in Tesco at lunchtime and they had these for about £1.03 or 5 for 40p! I thought it was a joke and picked up 10 (100W) but they scanned ok. Shame really, a DTD refund would have been great! Can you imagine :D Then they subtracted the VAT as it's non-food so I got 10 for 50p in the end!!!!!

Go forth and stock up, chums. :beer:
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Old Swan has a fair few bits of Xmas food; I got a gorgeous looking Stollen for £3.
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Filled my trolley with xmas stuff and went to the self serve till to check the prices fore I bought it from the proper checkout and there was nothing really cheap at all it was only half price or more I would have thought that all the tescos would have put the stuff down to peanuts to get rid of it but there didn't seem to be any major bargains in mine for xmas stuff at all I was soooo disappointed ps does anyone else do that at the self serve tills I just abandon the shopping then and slope off to the till with the checkout operator on!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • sarebear_2
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    please please please dont price check on the self serve tills. it drives me mad cos i have to spend ages voiding them off when i get dumped on the tills at work !!!:mad: i hate the self serve tills :mad: :mad: :mad:
    any checkout operator will do a price enquiry for you no problem at all, and if you dont want the item we can just get it all put back for you xxx
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry love but I doubt if you live near me anyway! I do ask the cashier to check the prices for me but they don't like doing it , they make me feel intimidated ......anyway those damn self serve tills are a right pain half the time they go off for nothing in ours and they won't scan some things no matter what u do!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • the_reallongshanks
    Options
    ive asked the cashier to check a price before, it was a 00.01p special, she them called the manager and highlighted the 'mistake' who then took the item from me. i prefer the self scanning machines as they dont call the manager!!!!
    Great Sage, equal of Heaven.
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    The new Bertolli pasta sauces are 90p for a large jar til the 27th of January; I got one of each flavour so I'll see if they're nice or not....

The basil one and the grilled veg are both yummy. :drool: Haven't tried the others. :D
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarebear wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    please please please dont price check on the self serve tills. it drives me mad cos i have to spend ages voiding them off when i get dumped on the tills at work !!!:mad: i hate the self serve tills :mad: :mad: :mad:
    any checkout operator will do a price enquiry for you no problem at all, and if you dont want the item we can just get it all put back for you xxx

They have 2 scanners fixed to the wall in one of my nearest Tescos, they are there for customers to check prices.

Only problem is, they do not wirk.

Maybe get your manager to fix them, saves us both alot of hassel;)
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    HDUK finds again - quotes;

Was instore at my local Tesco today and there was an assortment of DIY and bbq items at bargain prices. I picked up packs of masking tape which was 3 rolls for 25p, box of drill bits for 50p and 6-in-1 screwdriver for 25p. There were also diy gloves for 25p and packs of utility hooks at 75p.

BBQ skewers were 25p for a pack of 4, disposable bbqs were 62p and basting brushes (decent quality, wooden handles) were 50p. I believe there were a few other bbq utensils too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure