We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

'Home Bargains' Finds - Thread 3.

1…478479481483484…517

Comments

  • djbake
    djbake Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    home bargain had 2011 annuals today for 99p they had

    barbie
    dora
    wwe
    ben 10
    thomas the tank
  • Today I got a lovely cabin bag, for my holiday, £2.99, they had 2 colours, pale green, and beige, went for the green one as more girly, and its strong, got a proper tag on stating what airlines will allow as on board luggage.
    Got 2 side pockets and a thick carry strap.
  • djbake wrote: »
    home bargain had 2011 annuals today for 99p they had

    barbie
    dora
    wwe
    ben 10
    thomas the tank
    ours also had icarly, bird and third,waybuloo and a couple i didnt recognise
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ours also had icarly, bird and third,waybuloo and a couple i didnt recognise

    A couple you didn't recognise?

    I don't recognise any of those three you listed!

    :D

    Must be getting old.
  • cdodd
    cdodd Posts: 638 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2011 at 1:04PM
    went today to stock up on the usuals that I was running low on but noticed a sign saying that they won't be adding the increased vat!
  • Do these work well? I have been considering buying a pair as I do lots of walking. Do they grip well?

    Yes. Work fantasticly well. I bought one from homebargains and after seeing the how useful they are I went back to get a pair for a family member. But there are none left in any of my local shops. I finally found them on Amazon under ice grippers. BTW very good reviews on Amazon too. But not quite as cheap as these. On amazon I ordered a pair for about £8 plus delivery. And that was the cheapest.
  • Star wishes are 19p in St. Helens - they were about 60p each before Christmas
  • katykitten
    katykitten Posts: 223 Forumite
    Today I got a lovely cabin bag, for my holiday, £2.99, they had 2 colours, pale green, and beige, went for the green one as more girly, and its strong, got a proper tag on stating what airlines will allow as on board luggage.
    Got 2 side pockets and a thick carry strap.

    do they have wheels?
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    katykitten wrote: »
    do they have wheels?
    No - these are bags which would be classed as hand luggage. they had purple and leopard print ones in my store and also matching holdalls for £2.99. The holdalls did not have wheels either.
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

    Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • floydy
    floydy Posts: 499 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Magic Spiker (anti slip shoe accessory)

    none of these in stockton today, anyone seen them locally pls??
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.