We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

Options

Comments

• misseypootle
    Options
    this is the direct debit guarantee and if you notice it states you are well within your rights to cancel your direct debit at any time whether the minimum magazine term is 12 months or not
    I have always cancelled after the first dd has been taken without any probs
    hope this helps

dd_logo.gif [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]The Direct Debit Guarantee[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]This guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme.
      The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change The Stage will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]If an error is made by The Stage or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society.
      Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
      [/FONT]
    :grouphug: :grouphug:
  • Wolfhound
    Wolfhound Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I know a lot of people's 12 issues of the Radio Times have come
    to an end. The best I could find was the Magazine Group, through Topcashback or Quidco 15%, eight issues for £1.
  • MooniesTrip
    Options
    this is the direct debit guarantee and if you notice it states you are well within your rights to cancel your direct debit at any time whether the minimum magazine term is 12 months or not
    I have always cancelled after the first dd has been taken without any probs
    hope this helps

dd_logo.gif [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]The Direct Debit Guarantee[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]This guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme.
      The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change The Stage will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]If an error is made by The Stage or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica]You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society.
      Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
      [/FONT]

I think you are getting the terms and conditions of a direct debit mixed up with the terms and conditions of ordering the magazine.

Yes you can cancel the direct debit at any time but if you have signed up for 12 months then really that is what you should be paying for.

If you cancel your direct debit for your gas bill, you still have to pay that by other means don't you? This is no different. The magazine company may write to you asking for the money.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Exactly what MooniesTrip said, please be careful with these mags. If it doesn't say MINIMUM x (usually 12 months) amount of time you are safe & can cancel but if it DOES say that then the magazine company can - and WILL - write to you asking to pay the remainder by another means just like any other bill.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Exactly what MooniesTrip said, please be careful with these mags. If it doesn't say MINIMUM x (usually 12 months) amount of time you are safe & can cancel but if it DOES say that then the magazine company can - and WILL - write to you asking to pay the remainder by another means just like any other bill.
    I've neveer yet been asked for any further payments after cancelling DDs, but can see PMS's point. I try not to sign up to too many that say minimum term etc, but sometimes it is hard to tell.
  • misseypootle
    Options
    does anyone know of any total film subs or empire 3 for £3 etc?
    :grouphug: :grouphug:
  • sahra
    sahra Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know of any craft/cardmaking subs for cheap?
    I've seen the jewellery making one.
    Ta:D
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Got my Glamour/Body Shop gift today, was it only supposed to be 2 products only I thought it was more????
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • Kim_Possible
    Options
    Hi new to this thread- need advise please....

I took up one of the bbc £3 for 1 magazine offers posted on another thread earlierin the month.

When do i cancel the d debit? After the initial £1? or when and how? Do I write to bbc subscriptions as well as contacting my bank?:confused:

TIA for Help
  • twig1_2
    twig1_2 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    Options
    Got my Glamour/Body Shop gift today, was it only supposed to be 2 products only I thought it was more????
    Got mine too. Just body butter and showergel. Will keep note next time of what to expect. Eventually got the Mabelline make up with Top Sante thought that was o the light side as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure