We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Opening saving account without a cheque
Slimeball20
Posts: 100 Forumite
Hi,
Are there any savings accounts that you don't need a cheque for £x to open?
ICICI have requested a cheque for £x in order to open the new account.
Another question relates to the A&L current account and regular saver. I have a cahoot current account paying 4% and a Halifax 7% regular saver. The problem with switching to A&L is that I have, on average, £3000 to £4000 at any one time in the cahoot account. I pay £100 into the regular saver each month.
Can anyone suggest how much better off I would be with A&L with these arrangements? It's the 0.1% after £2500 with A&L that I wonder about.
Thanks!
Are there any savings accounts that you don't need a cheque for £x to open?
ICICI have requested a cheque for £x in order to open the new account.
Another question relates to the A&L current account and regular saver. I have a cahoot current account paying 4% and a Halifax 7% regular saver. The problem with switching to A&L is that I have, on average, £3000 to £4000 at any one time in the cahoot account. I pay £100 into the regular saver each month.
Can anyone suggest how much better off I would be with A&L with these arrangements? It's the 0.1% after £2500 with A&L that I wonder about.
Thanks!
Filiss
0
Comments
-
You already asked this question on Budgeting & Current Accounts bard ... What's wrong with A&L Online Saver with 5.15/4.25% on first £25K?Slimeball20 wrote:...Another question relates to the A&L current account... It's the 0.1% after £2500 with A&L that I wonder about.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards