HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Company

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
15 replies 2.8K views
2»

Replies

• Aegis wrote: »
    HSBC were top of the Forbes list for world's largest companies a few months ago, but I believe that was based on a composite score across a number of possible measures of size, meaning that some companies would be bigger if you took just the total value of held assets, for example.

That's what I meant! Lol!
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened an account with the Midland Bank way back in 1967 when I started my first job. Their service was always impeccable, so I reacted to their being taken over by HSBC with some trepidation.

I needn't have worried. I have continued to receive superb service from HSBC and I consider them to be the safest bank out there.

Dave.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Scousebird wrote: »
    Let me just fill you in on something to help you sleep tonight.

1) HSBC does not stand for anything

:rotfl: Yep. When I used to work for them and the name change (not the takeover) went through, we got a lot of phonecalls from Daily Mail reading customers I suppose. This is what they told us to tell customers when they asked what HSBC stood for.

I always thought that maybe Honest and Integrity might have been a better business building answer:confused:

That or maybe the Hot Sausage and Bacon Company.
  • Sick_Boy wrote: »
    :rotfl: Yep. When I used to work for them and the name change (not the takeover) went through, we got a lot of phonecalls from Daily Mail reading customers I suppose. This is what they told us to tell customers when they asked what HSBC stood for.

I always thought that maybe Honest and Integrity might have been a better business building answer:confused:

That or maybe the Hot Sausage and Bacon Company.

Indeed-LOL! Had to laugh.. Maybe you're right but I think HSBC has taken honesty literally in this case and has just chosen to go with the obvious. Very funny your reply though-amused me after my Sunday morning fallout with my Fiance! :j
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
  • baby_fuzzbaby_fuzz Forumite
    699 Posts
    Oblivion wrote: »
    I needn't have worried. I have continued to receive superb service from HSBC and I consider them to be the safest bank out there.

I'd agree - customer service was very good - the only reason I left was because they couldn't match the rate that I am now receiving on my current account.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals