March out - Whats wrong with this ???

Options
2»

Comments

• catrin.williams7
    Options
    Oh my God, my dad is in the RAF and my mum has spent many 'happy' times with MO, she would be mortified to leave a place like this!

My mum is convinced though that the cleaners hired to do MO though are much less thorough than they should be, does anyone else agree? We once watched a cleaner do a MO in a house next door to us and she was in and out in under two hours. It was a fourbedroomed house, she was on her own, and had a toddler with her!? Has anyone else found this?

My mum on the other hand takes literally weeks to do MO, and the place looks immaculate when she leaves ( well as immaculate as some of these places can do!). Do you mind me asking where the house was that these awful pictures were taken?
    [STRIKE]Student Overdraft: £1700[/STRIKE]- now £1650, Halifax credit Card - £3300, Britannia credit card-£2300, Lloyds Credit Card-£1000, Partner's Overdraft- £1500.:mad: Vanquis Card [strike]£250[/strike]- GONE!:dance:

A payment a day challenge- Student Overdraft- £50.
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    I've marched into a house with a garden like that. They reduced our rent for 2 months in lieu.

Were they 'moonlight flits'? Or marriage break ups or something?

I'm assuming they didn't get offered another MQ?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • reddragons
    Options
    10 MQ's always cleaned them myself when moved in and moved out never a penny to pay!!! Yay
  • kitchpoo
    kitchpoo Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Options
    BettiePage wrote: »
    I've marched into a house with a garden like that. They reduced our rent for 2 months in lieu.

Were they 'moonlight flits'? Or marriage break ups or something?

I'm assuming they didn't get offered another MQ?

This was a moonlight flit, all the trouble ones are Irregular Occupant quarters.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • Bargainbabe_2
    Options
    An absolute disgrace. I also treat my MQ as if it's my own house. We have always cleaned our own on march out and have never been charged either.
    I look around our estate sometimes and cannot believe the utter disrespect some military familes have. It got so bad at one point, that the GSM got everyone on a cleaning parade one sunday morning.
    "There are no pockets in a shroud..."
  • curly_cabbage
    Options
    OMG, I wouldn't have the front or money to march out and leave a quarter in that state. When we did our last march out all walls had to be back to orginal colour (Magnolia) all picture hooks removed, filled and painted, all orginal cutains, lamps shades put back and clean, not to mention the cooker which looked better than when it was at new i'm sure and grass cut and garden tidy, bathrooms and toliets you could have eaten you dinner from. The real difference now i think is that they (RAF) got rid of the families officer and replaced him with civvies who often didn't appriciate the grief with forces moving often very frequently and husband going away somtime straight after the move. I had 3 quarters in 3 years, then we brought our own house as my husband was due to come out in the following 2 years. Now 12 years after he come out i have moved Further than we did with the RAF and as many times .....

CC
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    I've done 5 MO's and never been charged a penny. We are under army here (even though we're RAF) so don't know whether it'll be a good or bad experience come move out time!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    I've done 3 MO's and paid for the rest. Though I do clean before the cleaners come. :o

Trying to clean around the boxes with a small child was getting ridiculous. Especially as we were moving every 18 months or so at the time.

Decided to pay for the 1st time when I pee'd off the (then) families office staff.
    First by reporting my cooker as faulty, then 3 weeks later and no sign of a repair man (this was just over 10 years ago btw), the cooker spontaneously combusted. Famo told us to repair/clean the smoke damage. I told them where to go.
    On pre march out inspection, the woman turned up unannounced and just waltzed into my house. I agreed to do it then but she continued to !!!! me off. I ended up pushing her out of the backdoor and telling her to give 24hrs written notice.
    She also slagged off the company I'd booked who were guaranteed march out.
    Rang them up and they were furious, the owner himself promised he'd be at the march out.

All we got charged for was the grill pan handle that the removal men had packed in their haste and we found in with the coats (?!) when we arrived in Italy.

*sigh* Those were the days! :D

Edit: I'm hoping our next move will be to our own house in a year or so.........no more magnolia woodchip! :j
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport