March out - Whats wrong with this ???

Options
Just some pictures on a move out I;ve done - total bill to DE (to ten charge tohe Irregular Occupant) was £2300!!

Just to put you at peace of mind about your quarters at move out - but hopefully you will question what is right/wrong from these pictures to help you prepare for MO.

Sorry for the pic size - I'll try and resize later on. But you get a good idea!

bathroom01cb9.th.jpg

bathroom02hn0.th.jpg

bed101xr2.th.jpg

bed102ek5.th.jpg

bed201bt1.th.jpg

bed202io2.th.jpg

bed32ry3.th.jpg

bed3tw4.th.jpg

garageec9.th.jpg

gardentu7.th.jpg

kitchenkn8.th.jpg

loungetc0.th.jpg

lounge2py7.th.jpg
Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.

Comments

• ChipRAFP
    ChipRAFP Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Gear God! Thats a disgrace please tell me they were not RAF!
  • kitchpoo
    kitchpoo Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    Options
    ChipRAFP wrote: »
    Oh Gear God! Thats a disgrace please tell me they were not RAF!

Its a RAF quarter!!

This may give some occupants an understanding as to why sometimes things are not 100% at move in.. Even I am looking at these pictures and seeing things I have missed.

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • scouse05
    scouse05 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally bogging....for a minute I thought I recognised the house as my ex neighbours but as the pics went on I was glad to say it isn't. Sometimes DE/MHS get it wrong but to be fair to them they pulled out all the stops to make sure my house was ok for moving into. Which was a BIG job from what I've been led to believe by some of the other residents.

I'm a big believer that people should be billed if they leave the place in a state!!!
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    OMG what a state! I would never dream of doing that! But then again, we are not all the same!
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • kitchpoo
    Options
    Just to give some guidance....

Broken bath panel - response - not chargeable
    Missing doors - not chargeable - classed as barrack damage ????
    Broken garage door - not chargeable
    Ruined carpets -Over life expectancy - Not chargeable
    Missing/not hung curtains - Chargeable
    Dirty sanitaryware - Chargeable
    Non Standard Lampshades - Chargeable for their removal

Plenty of other bits and bobs but it is a good guide.

• Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG!!!! I would have died of embarrassment if I had left a quarter in that state!!!

I have only seen one quarter in a similar state and they had to get the men in with the white overalls to fumigate the place and destroy all the furniture, curtains and carpets (yes they were RAF). That was in 1980 and it cost him over £1500 - him and wife split up and he moved back into barracks - got a new partner 6 months later and a new quarter!! I would have put him back into the one he left in a mess - mind you that one was pristine by then.

I praised the Lord when they started with contract cleaners for march outs - its stressful enough without having to spend weeks eating salad or take aways cos the cooker has been cleaned!! I still cleaned my own cooker but was able to leave the cleaning of it till later as all the other 'stuff' was to be done by the contractors ;)
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like they simply one day decided to vacate the house.

I do hope the £2300 was to decorate & replace the carpets in the place.

Where was this then kitchpoo?

Regards,

Alias
  • helliecopter_2
    Options
    It's a disgrace that anyone could leave a house in such a state. Leaving personal effects laying around with rubbish etc is just plain lazy. Personally I think the people who have done this should be banned from living in quarters again. It's a perk of the job and shouldn't be abused or taken for granted - it would cost a lot more to rent privately. I wouldn't want to pay rent, full council tax and water bills in a private let.

I'm off now to check my woods, polish my cooker knobs and remove the water marks from my tiles...... yeah right on a Friday afternoon - not! I live in my quarter as if it was my own. However, it's back to march out standards when we leave as it's a matter of pride.
    LMB 01/03/08£9001.61 £10/6 6089.70 - 32%paid off!
    Grocery Challenge 25/6 to 24/7 €350 week1 €30-46 / €87-50

• kitchpoo
    Options
    I've had 2 of these this week!!

Fingers crossed for next week - 10 move outs and 10 move ins - a busy week as unit block leave commences.

I have had a few good move outs though where 1 guy did it himself and only had to pay for a part cooker clean (£60 ish), and two where they were professionally cleaned with zero hassle.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't want to be funny, but are these RAF Pads Qtrs? The reason I ask is that i have never before seen such 'shocking' (word changed a few times for MSE) pictures prior to a MO. I don't think the Army would have been so obliging...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure