UU still not sorted out an account...?

Options
Hi all

I moved into a new place at the end of May. I, dutifully rang all the appropriate people, including United Utilities. UU say they have no record of my property every having been registered for an account with them. This is despite the flats having been converted in 2001, and despite the fact that (if we say that I live in flat 2), flats 1 & 3, our neighbours do have accounts. They said they would set up an account/ register the property but this may take up to 30 days. (As a kinda aside, I actually know the bloke who lived in the flat before me and he said that they never had a bill from UU in the 2 years they lived there, although they also rang them up when they moved in).

It is nearly 2 months later and still no word. My questions are this-

1) Has anyone experienced something similar?

2) What should I do if I still do not hear from them? Is the onus on me to keep bugging them? (I don't feel it should be).

3) Although it is a new (or will be if they ever sort it) account, the building is quite old, but converted in 2001 into apartments- will they insist I have to have a water meter? (It is a listed building if that makes any difference)

4) Will they try and bill me for water usage/ rates prior to when I moved in?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport