What will happen now with my Paypal refund?

Options
I bought some school clothes from ebay but when they came they were a size smaller than stated on auction (listed as 6-7 years 122cms but sent 5-6 years 116cms) & they won't fit.
I emailed seller who said she was going on holiday for 2 weeks so wouldn't do anything til she returned. No word from her 2 weeks later so I put a Paypal claim in.
Paypal asked me to send the item back to seller which I did via Recorded Delivery but still heard nothing from seller.
I have checked online at RM & it says
"Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Information on your item is not yet available online."
Checked with my Paypal account & it says
"We are reviewing this case and will contact you if we require additional information or when we reach a decision. No further action is required of you at this time."
This claim was started on Oct 2nd, how much longer is it likely to be & what happens if RM online can't prove it's been delivered? I know the online part doesn't always work so he *could* be this item has been signed for but RM site now working as it has done in the past. :confused:

Yvonne
2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  

Comments

• Malestrom
    Malestrom Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    If the seller won't sign for it then it will come back to you but yes, sometimes even though you know its been delivered it still doesnt show on the RM website. I've had pos feedback left for items that are apparently 'still undelivered' :(

PayPal can take 30 days to review your case, then if they need more information from you or the other party they will usually extend the case by another 7-10 days. Its a long wait. However, if the seller doesn't reply to your chargeback within ten days (i think, it may be less) of you filing it then PayPal will find in your favour.
    He huihuinga taangata he pukenga whakaaro – A meeting of people; a wellspring of ideas (Maori proverb)
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Do Paypal check online or not? If so & it hasn't shown online to they go in the seller's favour even if it has been delievered? I'm on holiday next week but I could try phoning RM during the week to see if it's been delievered if it comes to it.

Yvonne
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,474 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do Paypal check online or not? If so & it hasn't shown online to they go in the seller's favour even if it has been delievered? I'm on holiday next week but I could try phoning RM during the week to see if it's been delievered if it comes to it.
    Yes they do. They sometimes even require you to fax the tracking slip to them. It might be worth getting someone to keep an eye on things if you are not going to be around to provide paypal with any info they require.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    They asked me to fax info through but I don't have a fax machine & don't know anyone who does.

Yvonne
  • masonic
    Options
    They asked me to fax info through but I don't have a fax machine & don't know anyone who does.
    I think they will also allow you to post a photocopy. Believe it or not, you have to send it to Germany, IIRC.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Got back today, no progress from Paypal, still showing same message online at RM. Customer services at RM are a joke, they can't confirm if it has been deleivered or not. Don't know what to do now :-(

Yvonne
  • masonic
    Options
    Got back today, no progress from Paypal, still showing same message online at RM. Customer services at RM are a joke, they can't confirm if it has been deleivered or not. Don't know what to do now :-(
    You are at least the second person to have this problem today! :mad: If royal mail can't show the item was delivered, then they can't blame you for assuming it wasn't. Start a compensation claim through royal mail as soon as you can. You are covered for up to £30.
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    A missing item of mail is considered officially lost after 3 weeks (15 working days), so if it's been that long and there is no record of delivery, you can claim against RM, but it may take a while.
  • masonic
    Options
    Even if it's not officially lost, you should still be able to get compensation (from 12 1st class stams up to £10) if it took more than 5 working days to arrive. See this page for details. I think the key is to keep moaning at them about it.
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    I'm updating this post as I have now had a rather rude email from the seller saying:-

"Hello there glad you got your refund but at present item has not been received back could you please send tracking n.o as royal mail says the n.o presented in the system yet in which case if the item does not turn up and proof is not the right proof i.e tracking n.o the seller will be credited again thanks please send n.o"

I replied saying Paypal have refunded me because I gave them the tracking number, they confirmed that it HAD been returned to the seller. I have checked again online with the tracking number but it's still not confirmed on there.

Another reply from seller then:-

"pLEASE RETURN THESE DRESSES I AM FOLLOWING IT UP"

What I want to know is can Paypal take the money back from me back to the seller?

Thanks

Yvonne
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure