Best self-select isa?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
4 replies 5.1K views
daloredalore Forumite
54 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
So whose offering the cheapest/best self-select maxi isa?

Hoodless & B do a £50 yearly fee. £7 trades

Halifax have a 0.05% charge per month(min £2.16; max £8.33 per month) £11.95 trades

comdirect/squaregain have that free £75 offer which would pay for 3 years of their £25 a year management fee. £12.50 trades

idealing.com have a £5 a qtr fee, with £9.95 trades

selftrade have £0 fee, £12.50 a trade

What are other people using?

I'm thinking the best would be the cheapest, unless nominee rights make it not as a good choice.

So it looks like selftrade or comdirect are the best if your not trading that often. Otherwise idealing if you plan on trading a bit. Comments? suggestions?

(was a post in another thread, but was advised to start a new post, so sorry for the repeat if you've read it elsewhere)

Replies

• cheerfulcatcheerfulcat Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    HI, dalore,

I use squaregain. They are reasonably cheap, and pretty efficient. Selftrade is now part of the same group, btw. idealing seems to charge a fee for closing/moving accounts; have a look at their T&Cs, just in case. There's a Brokers board on the Motley Fool, this same question has been asked fairly recently

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9566891&sort=whole

Cheerfulcat
  • Beware! Self Trade may have a ZERO admin fee BUT they charge a whopping inactivity fee which you have to search to find in their literature. Im not sure about any of the others but watch out if you trade rarely.

Has anyone researched the best deals for low activity Self select ISAs?
  • One of the key features I look for in a self select ISA is automatic dividend reinvestment at low cost. This is important for me as I want to make sure I get the compounding effect of the dividend.

I am with Barclays who charges aren't the lowest and there dealing costs are not the lowest either. But they do automatic divident reinvestment for £1.

Also, their admin fee is capped so that I pay about £150 a year admin even though my account comprises of 7 years worth of ISA's. The dealing fees are about £12 a trade.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals