ryanair charging for using debit card is this right???

Options
2»

Comments

• jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should all get a Halifax Easycash account which provides an electron card. Apply online. Ryanair don't charge for Electron Card payment.
  • treliac
    treliac Posts: 4,524 Forumite
    Options
    exel1966 wrote: »
    On another note the EU yesterday ruled that all published airfares must include all taxes and charges by the end of the year and headline fares exclusive of these charges will be illegal. However, that doesn't include debit/credit card add ons nor has it been approved by national transport ministers.

Let's hope it's approved asap. Having full charges included in promotions would end that feeling of being deceived by headline fare advertising. The change is well overdue. Card payment charges should be clearly highlighted too.

Oh for some integrity to return to the business world.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    NickX wrote: »
    I have also been a victim of these scandalous charges.

How can they justify charging the handling fee on a "per person" and "per flight" basis when you making one single payment ?

This should not be allowed, in my case the handling fee was more than the flights themselves. :mad:

!!!!!!, you are complaining that you had to pay £8 for a debit card for a flight that cost less than £8?

Why is it that people expect Ryanair to be a charity? :rolleyes:
    Gone ... or have I?
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jd87 wrote: »
    You should all get a Halifax Easycash account which provides an electron card. Apply online. Ryanair don't charge for Electron Card payment.

Or alternatively and in my opinion a better bank account, The Co-Op basic current account which comes with an electron card.
  • NickX
    NickX Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    !!!!!!, you are complaining that you had to pay £8 for a debit card for a flight that cost less than £8?

I don't think I made myself clear, the flight was not less than £8. With the taxes added I don't think any of Ryanair's flights will be that cheap.

The flight was around £45, however all the added extras were £48, more than the actual quoted price of the flight.

Ryanair are not as cheap as they would have you believe.

I do not expect Ryanair to be a charity, but I do expect them to be more upfront and honest with their pricing structure. Paying a Debit Card fee 4 times for a single transaction is not fair in my opinion.
  • NickX
    NickX Posts: 3,046 Forumite
    Options

Hopefully I have clarifed the costs in my post above, but I find your tone, in particular the useage of the three letter acronym !!!!!! rather offensive.

You don't have to agree with me, but politeness costs nothing.
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Nobody wants them to be a charity, we just want them to stop lying about their prices. And I agree with Nick, your tone is offensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure