should I move away from Tesco?

Options
hi guys.

I know there are loads of threads about different packages - but i'm just back from being away for a while, and wondered if you could give me some opinions on the following.

I'm currently with Tesco, paying 17.99 for a 512mb connection. My one year contract ends next month. Should I:

a) Change to a better package. If so what is better and how difficult is it to change? (i don't mean in general, i mean with Tesco themselves)

b) Phone tesco and say i've seen better deals elsewhere and what can they do? I see they now have 1mb for the same price but with download limits (not sure I want the limits really)

c) continue using tesco with the current deal as it is a good deal?

Thanks very much in anticipation!
26/09/2017 - Started comping again. Wins so far: 1!
11/10/17 - Capture Kill Release on DVD

Comments

• avi_3
    avi_3 Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    My contract expired more than a month ago, but i am planning to stick to them as i have had excellent service
  • ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    I dont no much about broadband but if you decide to leave Tesco ,you could ask tesco to change your account to payg. That way you keep your tesco email address . I no BB and payg dont go together but this is only if you want to keep your email address .
  • Irishorangutan
    Options
    Hey. thanks for the replies so far.
    I don't need the email address from tesco. I do need my internet supplier to allow me to send emails through outlook though.

any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
  • ginger_nuts
    Options
    I thought all internet providors (except hotmail )allowed email via outlook express
  • Irishorangutan
    Options
    what i mean is, I have a personal address - info@michaelmacdermid etc etc and i need to send emails through my isp to do it. Most allow, but there are some that don't , and if they don't i have to physically set up my own server etc - it all gets quite confusing!
  • ginger_nuts
    Options
    what i mean is, I have a personal address - info@michaelmacdermid etc etc and i need to send emails through my isp to do it. Most allow, but there are some that don't , and if they don't i have to physically set up my own server etc - it all gets quite confusing!

Ah now I understand ,I to have a personal email address I must remember to check I can still use it if I change providors . It never crossed my mind it would be a problem .Thanks for that .
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Is anyone having problems with Tesco email at the moment?

I have messages appearing to be downloading but then not showing up :confused:
  • avi_3
    avi_3 Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    nope no problem
  • dava123
    dava123 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    no problem
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Thanks for that, I hoped it was a Tesco/NTL problem and not just mine icon7.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure