Bristol Water Meter Application Experiences

Options
I wondered if anybody has any, whether it be:

How long it took to send a surveyor around.

How long they took to fit a meter and in the event that they took more than the maximum time permitted to fit the meter and no water charges was applying until it was fitted at what point do they refund apparent overpayments that have been made.

Comments

• aleksrothis
    aleksrothis Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Metering is done through the same system for Bristol Water as for Wessex so I would guess the same things apply.

Wessex is currently experiencing a real backlog in water meter installations so it may easily be 30 days or more until you get a meter fitted.

A temporary stop is put on a customer's account once the 30 days from receipt of application pass so you would not be billed but getting overpayments back out of them will always be a hassle...

HTH
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,109 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    A temporary stop is put on a customer's account once the 30 days from receipt of application pass so you would not be billed
    HTH[/quote

Its actually 60 working days for applications made during certain months.

True Bristol Water And Wessex Water now share its billing, in Bristol Meter applications are dealt with by Bristol Water. I made a meter application around 20th March, BW waited till 14th May to write to me offering a surveyor appointment for 4th June, 1st July normal water direct debit was still taken. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure