Save Zillions On Cleaning Products

edited 19 November 2020 at 11:09AM in Old Style MoneySaving
599 replies 431.8K views

Replies

• ColdfingerColdfinger Forumite
    571 Posts
    So what gets the bath clean when you have a green acrylic bath that looks like it has a fine covering of talc on it? We are in a soft water area.

My wife tried 2 litres of white vinegar. It didn't work but it kept the neighbours away for a few days.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So what gets the bath clean when you have a green acrylic bath that looks like it has a fine covering of talc on it?  We are in a soft water area.

My wife tried 2 litres of white vinegar.  It didn't work but it kept the neighbours away for a few days.

Try thin bleach in a spray bottle. Spray it and leave it for 20 mins, then rinse.
  • cathy_3cathy_3 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    ::) ;):o ??? ??? :-/ :P ::) 8) After all this about "VINEGAR"!!being the solution(ha ha !!)to all known&unknown problems,round the house,& garden, Will someone please tellme how to get rid of the "SMELL" of "Vinegar,after It"s been used everywhere?????? :-/ :(:o ??? :-[ :-/ :'(

just take big sniffs it'll go quicker ;D ;D ;D
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

just take big sniffs   it'll go quicker   ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Ive been using vinegar for years, well yeah the place stinks of it when you first use the vinegar, but when its dry the smell goes.
  • purplemoonpurplemoon Forumite
    674 Posts
    Heldaz
    by 'pickling vinegar' do you mean whats left when you finish a jar of pickled onions? I do use this. Otherwise something called 'pickling vinegar' would be fine too I think.
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Any suggestions for something cheap and natural to cure my stinky bin? My sink smells a bit too. Am not a domestic goddess as you can probably tell!
  • heldazheldaz Forumite
    192 Posts
    Purplemoon

I bought i large bottle of pickling vinegar (its white) to do my own pickles but unfortunately i never got round to doing it :-/

Im assuming its just the same as normal vinegar

- Heldaz
    I never knew saving money was so much fun :o)
  • heldazheldaz Forumite
    192 Posts
    jo-b

Vinegar is a deoderiser, maybe soak a tissue in it and put it in the bin??

- Heldaz

Not sure i should have answered that lol i just noticed your domestic goddess bit  ::) im deffinately not one either lol
    I never knew saving money was so much fun :o)
  • cathy_3cathy_3 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    wash the bin first dry it well then sprinkle bicarb into the bottom
    a bit of lemon juice if youve got it

line it if its the kichen bin and try to throw food scraps into a carrier bag or old plazzy bag first and rinse empty cans out before you sling them out

much fresher and cleaner bin then

bicarb soaks up smells

put a small dish of it in the fridge

exellent
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    use white vinegar to de- scale your kettle.works a treat