PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Curry Night

Options

Comments

• katieowl_2
    Options
    The ones I have at the moment are pretty small, about the size of a tangerine...six = 1 Kilo.

Normal size onions...I'd say three?

Kate
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    I would guestimate maybe 6 or 7 medium onions once you have them peeled and chopped.
  • Cosmopolitan
    Options
    Thankyou guys.

Fingers crossed this curry tastes as good as everyone seems to say it does.
    :starmod:Cosmopolitan:starmod:

• zippychick
    Options
    ill merge this with the curry night thread later

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    I make my curries using that recipe... They are really worth it! i would double the base as it does take a long time to make... Oh and buy garlic in brine at Mr T for easy use... on 52p!!

Ps. The korma was lovely (I added sugar to taste though) and I have made the Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken, but the Korma is our family favourate :)
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Cosmopolitan
    Options
    I make my curries using that recipe... They are really worth it! i would double the base as it does take a long time to make... Oh and buy garlic in brine at Mr T for easy use... on 52p!!

Ps. The korma was lovely (I added sugar to taste though) and I have made the Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken, but the Korma is our family favourate :)

If I was to use the 'lazy garlic/ginger' type products would I still need the 50gms as stated in the recipe and if so how much does that equate to in teaspoons/table spoons? Or how much is 50gms of real garlic in cloves/bulbs?

Sorry for all the questions - can you tell I can't be bothered to dig the scales out and would rather use spoons lol!

Am glad you said the korma is nice, thats what I'm planning to make first as OH won't eat anything spicy
    :starmod:Cosmopolitan:starmod:

• sugarcube84
    Options
    ooh thanks for the link im going to have a go next week i think.
    DFD September 2017
  • dazzii
    Options
    WOW, after thinking i made a mean curry for so many years i decided to try your recipe's out, made a batch of sauce up the made a bhuna with half of it.
    It was incredible, just like the ones we pay for at the restaurant. I wanted to call all my friends around to taste it!!

Thanks again, We just have to decide which one to make next:)
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    I think there is something on the curry queens thread about that... but I am not sure... I just buy the cloves peeled in brine and crush them myself. I just weighed 50g, so I would say do the same with the lazy stuff?!?!?! But the cloves whole are much cheaper... and easy enough.

HTH x
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Can anybody tell me roughly how many onions are in a KG?

If my dad were still alive, I just know that his answer would be "1, if it is big enough:rotfl::rotfl:" He could be so helpful:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure