Malicious seller, really need help

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
44 replies 3.6K views

Replies

• frivolous_fayfrivolous_fay Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    RM supply a number with every packet receipt by which items can be tracked. he gave me some micky mouse number which RM said definitely was not a tracking number.

Custardy's a postie and you can see he's baffled by this one. Hope you didn't neutral over a misunderstanding of what services RM provide.
    Can't prove it but I suspect it wasn't worth the bother to send it

Or it didn't exist ;)
    If a neutral is in fact now a negative what on earth is the point?

The chorus of ebay sellers everywhere!
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • Custardy's a postie and you can see he's baffled by this one. Hope you didn't neutral over a misunderstanding of what services RM provide.

Or it didn't exist ;)

The chorus of ebay sellers everywhere!

oh fay i love a woman who is strict :p;)
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • pickledtinkpickledtink Forumite
    592 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    custardy wrote: »
    where did you hear this?[/quote

From Royal Mail on the phone.
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
    592 Posts
    ✭✭
    soolin wrote: »
    I should also mention that if the seller has now made their feedback private they can no longer sell anything..so at some point if they want to start selling again they will have to remove the private status.

One very very last thing...assuming you paid by paypal it owuld probably have been easier to just open a dispute with them as that should get your money back. No need to flap around with tracking numbers and RM claims.

I wasn't uptight about this until I started to get nasty agro!
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
  • whats your ebay id?
    592 Posts
    ✭✭
    custardy wrote: »
    where did you hear this?
    The man at delivery office said we need tracking number which is on receipt.
    Sounded reasonable to me?
  • I have sent 3 parcels today, 2 by standard parcel post, 1 by special del. I only have a tracking number for 1, the special del. one - you do not get a tracking number for standard parcels, just a post office receipt which certainly would not enable you to trace a parcel anywhere, it just proves it has been sent.

Did the seller say he was sending by recorded or special, or was it just 1st class/2nd class etc?
    592 Posts
    ✭✭
    Can't help re: the trojan(s), but one or two observations...

Was it sent via trackable means? Did he say it would be?
    If the item was at the delivery office the whole time, arguably it's easier and more sensible for you and the office to arrange redelivery - in my experience the offices don't bother answering the phone, so it's a lot harder for the seller to chase something from their end.

Or, to speed the whole thing up, you could have opened a paypal dispute - that might have made the seller take an interest. But to me it sounds as though the DO was at fault, and the seller hasn't sent it tracked (wrongly or rightly)

I may be wrong - bits of the story are vague :)

A neutral is no longer 'neutral'. It affects the seller's record negatively, so I can understand why he was angry.

He may have been slack and uncommunicative, but did you mark him down because the PO failed you?

It's basic.Get receipt from post office and has number on it. It's not rocket science,
    PO did not fail me . He was too lazy or just hadn't sent. Couldn't/ didn't supply number.
    592 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks all. as I have now lost access to my ebay account I can't check but think it was special delivery ( had to sign for it)
  • frivolous_fayfrivolous_fay Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Tracking number is only on the recipe if you paid for tracking, ie. recorded or special.

If tracking was not paid for, you don't have a tracking number on the receipt - just a random useless number that does nothing. It's just a proof of posting - no tracking, no tracking number.

Edit: cross posted.

Why did it take 20 posts before we heard it was Special? :)
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides