PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all,

Had a busy couple of days putting house on the
    market,
    decluttering and cleaning...

Yesterday I turfed out dd8 and ds4 bedroom - recycled old clothes,bagged up clothes for friends children,sorted cd's,gave away toys.Bleached all sills,skirting,windows,changed beds.

Did my bedroom except mopping floor.

Did main bathroom.

Bleached all shower room,cleaned mirrors.

Kitchen drawers,oven,tiles,hob,fridge,glass.

Bleached the drains and loo's.

Just need to sweep front balcony,and mop throughout.

Tidy back garden which I have already weeded and tidied utility.

I've put the kids bikes in a neighbours garden and will borrow a couple of cushions and luxury towels tomorrow as I have a viewing so fingers crossed for me xxxxx

Doing really well still,averaging 2-3 NSD a week.Shopping with my listworks wonders.

Today I made 50 pork and red pepper meatballs from 1kg steak mince ,400g pork mince,1 apple,1 onion,dash ginger,dash mixed herbs,1/2 red pepper.1 egg white.

Cooked them all off and popped in a batch of 8 in the fridge for the kids,froze 1 large and 1 small batch for next week when my guests arrive.

Kids had omelette for lunch dd9
    Leftover ravioli dd8 and ds4
    Left over fishcake for me

Dinner was savoury rice and baked bean chili hm

Tomorrowis fish night...

Had a mooch with the kids at the new toy shop and pet shop for an hour this afternoon - cheap and no we can't have a puppy.

Tomorrows lunch is toasted cheese sandwiches and veggies sticks to use up both,celery soup for me.

Off to do a bit more:A

annelouise:rotfl:
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=787527

I have just been on this thread and it is racist,, it has been edited to say

Scottish recipes not welcome ,if its all the same to you

can someone please enlighten me please

Yes, just a joke about scotland winning the rugby, if you read through the rest you'll see - also comments about Wales - must have been a bad night for us then...(meaning England for me) :rotfl: Cake looks scrummy tho! Think that's being made tomorrow...
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I would say get DH to do it but that doesn't work!
    How about putting it in the slow cooker, it virtually falls off the bones then.

There was a discussion about cooking fish pie the other day and there was a conflab about cooking the fish first. I never cook the fish first, and it's always cooked fine when I get it out of the oven but mine is a fan oven- don't know if that helps.

Angelatgraceland, I noticed you are in North somerset. If you know where puxton park is then they sell free range eggs for £1.35 for 10. I didn't think that was too bad as I usually pay 10p per egg for caged ones from the supermarket. They do have a lovely farm shop there and they sell ecover products so that you can refill your tubs there.

MrsM- so pleased to see you're back, even if it's not the best circumstances. So sorry about your news.
    Went to the play farm today and spent £4.35 on coffee, a bun some juice and 10 eggs. I think it will have to come from the grocery budget not the treats because we've spent loads from the treats budget this month already.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • savingpennies
    Options
    Gone off meal plan a bit this week as Mum bought us all fish and chips when me and my family and brother and his family all called on her at once. Gas fire was serviced yesterday and by paying cash they knocked £5 off the bill and I had enough Boots points to pay for DD1&2's mobiles to be topped up £10 each as well, so pin money saving stacking up nicely. Get paid on 28th so budget to last approx. one more week.
    Books - the original virtual reality.
    Tilly Tidying:
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, just a joke about scotland winning the rugby, if you read through the rest you'll see - also comments about Wales - must have been a bad night for us then...(meaning England for me) :rotfl: Cake looks scrummy tho! Think that's being made tomorrow...

Yes denise

I am going to make the yoghurt cake tomorow as I have a strawberry yog to use up:T

I didnt read any more as it just got my back up and now I feel very embarrassed:o

36_2_53.gif
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• procrastinator
    Options
    Just thought I would share the dinner I made tonight. So many posts regarding extending (meat) mince I thought I would try it with veggie mince - I used realeat frozen soya mince. Quarter of pack with onions, carrots and mush (lightly fry these first) then added red lentils, oats, tin toms and stock cube. Also some sweetcorn that had been left in fridge. Simmer whilst waiting for tatoes to cook. Served with cabbage. Family decleared it delish. Only downside was it caught on bottom of pan, that never normally happens, have others found this? Do I need to be more vigilant. Had it on low heat.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • Coolmum66
    Coolmum66 Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello to all in the grocery challenge

Am feeling good this week - total grocery spends for the month are £91.09 (out of a budget of £200 - think this is still looking good!), and am also sooooo close to my weight loss goal - I've just got 1/2lb to go.

Take care all and have a good weekend!

Coolmum66 xx
    Debt at 2nd LBM (!) Jun 08 £8,435 - hm, let's not go there!!
    DFW Nerd - 721 / DFW Long Hauler 4 / DFD - ASAP!!
    Sealed pot challenge - member 336 - £200 target
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    Options
    Herbaholic wrote: »
    Yup you can use it as a toner, it smells lovely to. If you lived closer I'd give you some, not sure they'd survive in the post to scotland though! Garden centre would be a good bet, head for the geraniums (pelargoniums) and squish the leaves of the ones they call 'scented geraniums' if you get one that smells like roses then you have a rose scented geranium. You can use the leaves in cooking, lemon scented ones are good to :) Its very hard to find dried rose geranium leaves, if you manage it when you get them they hardly have any fragrance in them :mad: , much better to use fresh ones. Apologies to all those peeps as this isn't strictly grocery challenge as Tootti pointed out, but it could be if you were going to buy some facial toner and it came out of the grocery budget :)

Welcome back Mrs M nice to see you again, your veggies look superb, all this rain has done all our veggies good, a little silver lining to the recent deluge of clouds maybe?
    Thats brilliant herbaholic - I can see I will be referring to you for all things herbal as time goes on! is it generally better to use fresh herbs in cooking rather than dried and is it cheaper?
    TFxx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi there everybody

Just had HM curry and rice, rice was left over from yesterday and I kept it in the fridge

Bumpmonkey.gif
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• procrastinator
    Options
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=787527

I have just been on this thread and it is racist,, it has been edited to say

Scottish recipes not welcome ,if its all the same to you

can someone please enlighten me please

Please, please read all the posts before making accusations like this.Your coments are most unfair, the spirit this was meant is obvious when reading on.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport