PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    gillaman, cant you count them , bag them and take them to the bank. Pay it in to your current account, giving you some extra quids to play with, I wouldnt dream of putting my hard earned dosh into those machines. They should make them wear a 3 cornered hat and a mask.
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I had a triumph in the kitchen today.

For dinner today I made from scratch toad in the hole. :j Now I know there are some excellent cooks on here but I'm not one of them - I'm worse than a beginner really! The family really enjoyed it and DH has said that it tasted much better than his dad's! :beer:

:T :T :T Ohhh, I'm so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself too, A MASSIVE WELL DONE! See, we told you you could do it. and a great compliment from your OH too, fantastic... Keep it up girl....:T :T :T
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    teedy23 wrote: »
    gillaman, cant you count them , bag them and take them to the bank. Pay it in to your current account, giving you some extra quids to play with, I wouldnt dream of putting my hard earned dosh into those machines. They should make them wear a 3 cornered hat and a mask.

Ha ha, that reminds me of what my hubby says when he is (or thinks he has been) overcharged for stuff - "Even !!!!!! Turpin wore a Mask" -

you're right though, they are a con - like paying the £1.75 extra at those cashpoints that they have everywhere now... I would rather waste fuel and go to another cashpoint than use them on principle... (Sorry, off topic again, behave Denise...)
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Hi all just finished a night shift at mr s and thought you s might like to know all grapes including prepacked are now half price this is a really good bargin making the 500g packs just over £1.Also granny smiths £1 a bag and raspberries less than half price.
    I love finding out the promo s before every-one else lol.TTFN
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Hi Everyone!!
    angelnikki-Hope you were able to sleep ok.
    Bit grey outside today.
    Well its my last day with my class. Very sad as I've loved them. Got to move classrooms which is always a big deal and lots of other politics going on.
    Staff BBQ tonight-free food again Hurrah!!
    Gillaman-I am following your challenge with interest.
    Have a great MS day.
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mornin all :wave:

SFT hope your last day goes ok, and there arent too many tears!

hope you're feeling much better today angelnikki and not too sore now

Mrs Mc hope you're ok, and will be joining us again soon. we've all really missed you x

sun's shining here at the mo, but it'll probably be gone in a couple of hours....it usually is :mad: just as long as it stays fine long enough for me to walk the dogs!

have to take my gran to the hairdresser's this morning and get her a few bits from the town. i should only need bacon, stardrops and some tissues i think.

then i've got to get back home and wait in for the fridge repair man.....i really hope he can fix it today, cos nothing's staying cold in there :mad:

then the rest of the day is all mine!! :T so will probably have a go at de-cluttering the kitchen, and do a bit of x-stitch

hope everyone enjoys their day xx
  • Hi all
    Not been on for ages as went camping. All our own cooking so very cheap and no rain. Spent £13.88 this week that brings me to £31.25 for the month. Having our own veg really helps with the bills but DD is home this weekend so will spend a lot more.
    savingfortravel you made me laugh. I gave up teaching last year and your sadness at leaving your class made me feel a bit of regret but then you mentioned the politics in the school and I remembered why I decided to retire early and dig the allotment!
    Best wishes to all who have been feeling a bit down
    Challenge 2 adults food and household.
    2009 £1214.37
    Target for 2010 £1250
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    morning GUys,

Sorry still not quite caught up with the posts yet. Hugs to those who need them! life happening thinck and fast today is first day off for a while so hope to catch up with my housework (haha! yes youve heard that one before!!!!) and also need to go to market for some fruit although garden is supplying most of the veg.

DInk1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • jackiegibbo
    jackiegibbo Posts: 603 Forumite
    Well i started painting my lounge yesterday so that kept me away from the shops and im off to work in a minute so that will be another no spend day for me.
    Good luck to everyone today:T :T
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Hi Guys,

Caught up at last!

Angelnikki - sorry to hear about your plight dentists are my nemisis! hope you are feeling a little better today hun
    Shezza 0 sorry to hear you had vertigo are you on the mend yet?
    Turbo5019 - well done on your potatoes and veg from the garden, it makes you feel very clever when you pick and cook them doesnt it?
    Tesco shopper - I totally understand you not having time to read all the posts but hope your month is still going ok
    JayJay14 - Great News on your job!!!!! well done and good luck.
    Sav3r - sorry to hear about your ds2, mine is a bit of a disaster area too! always "in the wars" and we spend half our time at the local A&E!

hope every one has a great day
    Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills