We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Films for kids, adults can enjoy - any recommendations?

Options
124»

Comments

• meeps
    meeps Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    not sure if any of these haven't been talked about but its easier to list my 4 year old's complete collection...

toy story 1 & 2, incredibles, ice age 1 & 2, robots, chicken little, bugs life, madagascar, curious george, wallace and gromit, monsters inc, flushed away, chicken run, happy feet, nemo, cars, over the hedge, polar express, cat in the hat, the snowman.

we also want to get horton hears a who, the wild, surfs up and ratatouille.

the big big favourite is robots, which has plenty for the grown ups ( "making the baby is the fun part" ) and my son would watch it every day if I let him.

at 4.5 I wouldn't let him watch watership down/dark crystal/labyrinth etc yet as he gets upset by 'mild peril' and w.d still gives me the heebie jeebies!!
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options
    meeps wrote: »
    not sure if any of these haven't been talked about but its easier to list my 4 year old's complete collection...

toy story 1 & 2, incredibles, ice age 1 & 2, robots, chicken little, bugs life, madagascar, curious george, wallace and gromit, monsters inc, flushed away, chicken run, happy feet, nemo, cars, over the hedge, polar express, cat in the hat, the snowman.

we also want to get horton hears a who, the wild, surfs up and ratatouille.

the big big favourite is robots, which has plenty for the grown ups ( "making the baby is the fun part" ) and my son would watch it every day if I let him.

at 4.5 I wouldn't let him watch watership down/dark crystal/labyrinth etc yet as he gets upset by 'mild peril' and w.d still gives me the heebie jeebies!!

Hmm have you seen Horton Hears a Who? I took mine to the Cinema and my daughter just kept saying 'I can't understand Mummy' .. every few minutes.

She didn't get much response from me, I was thinking... I've just paid £22 to get you lot in here... you can watch it!!! :D

Then she started on her Daddy... getting louder with 'I can't understand Daddy' - she didn't have a clue what the film was about.. and he wasn't enjoying it either.. .so he took her out and left me with the Twins... who were screaming :rotfl:

We lasted about 20 minutes :eek:
    :cool:
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My son loved The Borrowers, which i thought wouldn't interest him. He also liked Charlie and the Chocolate factory; the one with Johnny Depp. He is now 4.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • jess1974
    jess1974 Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    My 5 year old dd faves are The Lion King, Charlie and the chocolate factory, Lilo and Stitch and surprisingly Eight Legged Freaks (she has older brothers).......
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not much use with suggestions for films for 3 year olds as my DD at that age used to get bored after 20 minutes sitting down to watch TV/film.

She used to like to put on Annie and Mary Poppins as she could play, dance and sing at the same time. At one point she started talking in an American accent and was word perfect on Annie. I couldn't stand hearing those songs at the time but we watched Mary Poppinis together a few months ago (she is now 13) and yep she started singing and dancing!!:D

I rarely buy films as I hire them from my local library (£1.50 - £2 for 7 days).
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • the_other_mce
    Options
    The Barbie animated ones are fantastic for little ones and the mums and dads too!. We all absolutely loved Barbie in the Nutcracker, the Princess and the Pauper and Swan Lake. In fact every child in our street ( there was about 8 of them aged between 3 and 10 - boys and girls) loved them too. The songs are excellent, the stories are classics and I can't praise them enough. There are other Barbie ones which my daughters love but the three I have mentioned are by far the best.
    Shrek is the all time favourite in our house though....
    :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Quite keen moneysaver......
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    How about the Simpsons movie, another one that is funny on different levels. NO not jumaji that is a scarey film. 5 of us watched meet the spartans aged 8 to 55 and all laughed our heads off, but probably a bit unsuitable for a 3 year old.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • arthur_dent_2
    arthur_dent_2 Posts: 1,913 Forumite
    Options
    My dds (4 + 6) love most of the disney movies, pinochio, emporers new groove, cinderella, beauty and the beast, snow white, etc.
    Loving the dtd thread. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family