We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Films for kids, adults can enjoy - any recommendations?

Options

Comments

• SueMaggie
    SueMaggie Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    I think Watership Down would be way too scary for a 3-year old - there's lots of fighting and general death and destruction. It's way too scary for me and I'm 44!

Would recommend Ratatouille which is great.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ladsmadd wrote: »
    hi my niece is nearly 2 and loves watching barnyard, the reef , racing stripes, and just the other night she wanted to watch father christmas and the snowman films [ early but keeps her happy when so sleeps].

Racing Stripes is currently on ITV, great film! :D
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • MonkeySaving?
    MonkeySaving? Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cannibal Holocaust, Dawn of the Dead, Romper Stomper, Tremors. For a bit of comedy, try Shaun of the Dead ;)
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options
    Cannibal Holocaust, Dawn of the Dead, Romper Stomper, Tremors. For a bit of comedy, try Shaun of the Dead ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :cool:
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options
    I bought Surfs Up and Flushed away - both £5 in ASDA :)
    :cool:
  • MonkeySaving?
    MonkeySaving? Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    Options
    Dippychick wrote: »
    I bought Surfs Up and Flushed away - both £5 in ASDA :)

On a more serious note Neverending story & the Dark Crystal are pretty good (you can get them off ebay cheaply)
  • 5dogs
    5dogs Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    I love nightmare before christmas, but Jack the pumpkin king may be a little scary :confused:
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    Options
    If she won't sit still for long why not try:

Fraggle Rock
    The Muppet Show (especially Ram-a-lamb-a-lamb-a-lamb-a-ding-dong)
    Jamie and the Magic Torch
    Button Moon
    In fact mine love anything from the 80s.

The Dark Crystal still scares my 8 year old as does Labyrinth.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A recent good one is Meet the Robinsons (looks stunning on Blu-Ray). I also enjoyed Ratatoille. My boy always gravitates towards Cars, which we have to watch at least once a week, and Robots. Another good one is Arthur and the Invisibles.

I've started showing him "proper" films like Star Wars (although eppie 3 is a bit frightening) and Back to the Future. I also enjoyed Zathura, although the boy found the robot and the giant lizards a bit scary. I'm keeping an eye out for Jumanjii at the mo, which is based on the same idea (of a board game becoming "real").

You can't really go wrong with Pixar, or the Dreamworks films like Shrek. I'm also looking out for The Ant Bully, which I've heard is good.
  • anonymousie
    anonymousie Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    SueMaggie wrote: »
    I think Watership Down would be way too scary for a 3-year old - there's lots of fighting and general death and destruction. It's way too scary for me and I'm 44!

Would recommend Ratatouille which is great.

this was the first film i watchd at the cinema with my friends ad no adults- we would have been 11/12. we all bawed our eyes out:o :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport