Make up brushes

Options
Can anyone recommend a good value brand of make-up brushes?

Been looking on ebay and seem to be a lot from Hong Kong but not sure how good they'd be.

Mac looks nice but are pricey...
DEBT FREE! Sep '08/£9,800 in Oct '06 :beer:

Comments

• floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    Mac, Ruby & Millie or No.7 are all good.....and can be bought in Boots with Advantage points ;)
  • vaksam
    vaksam Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I've always found the Barbara Daly for Tesco ones really good. Problem is, they don't seem to stock the full range in most of the stores, they seem to just appear and disappear at random!
  • BubbleFrogette
    Options
    I used to work for Mac while I was at uni and their brushes are extremely good quality. I still have some now, 7 years on! Alternatively, virgin vie are a bit cheaper and also make good quality brushes.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Options
    I buy Manicare from Amazon.
  • BubbleFrogette
    Options
    Its 3 for 2 on No.7 brushes on the boots website right now....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
  • GunnerGirl
    GunnerGirl Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Paintbrushes. Seriously! My neice turned me on to it and it's genius. Just find decent ones with the right kind of bristles for what you want. It's far cheaper and works brilliantly.

Paint rollers don't work so well! :rotfl:
  • Baybee1984
    Baybee1984 Posts: 572 Forumite
    Options
    MAC are the best brushes Ive used. But you're right they are pretty pricey so at the mo I use Avon. Their foundation brushes and eyeshadow brushes are great.
    \\ Debt Free April 2008 //
    \\ Single Mummy to 1 boy - 4 years & 5 months old //
    \\ Last weeks spend: £139.39 - 2 NSDs //
  • Pink_Princess_1
    Options
    Bodyshop do some reasonable ones - mine have lasted ages and also Trish Mcavoy are excellent but a bit more expensive - you will prob have to get these online as I think she is American based:p
    19.6.10 Weight loss 6lb :D
  • squashy
    squashy Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    floss2 wrote: »
    Mac, Ruby & Millie or No.7 are all good.....and can be bought in Boots with Advantage points ;)
    I was going to suggest this too! I use mostly Ruby and Mille- thier foundation brush is the best thing in my makeup bag, I will never go back to sponges!
  • angel81uk
    angel81uk Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Mac do make good brushes but they are very expensive and I'm not a fan of Ruby & Millie brushes at all. I'm a make up artist and almost all my brushes come from crown brushes. They were selling them cheaply at a trade exhibition so I bought a few of the studio series to try out thinking if they didn't last or I didn't like them then it didn't matter too much. They've now outlasted much more expensive brand name brushes and I've bought many more to make up an almost full set. However for foundation brushes I can highly recommend M&S, they were recommended to me by a very well known make up artist who thought they were perfect and I have to say I agree (I just prefer to use sponges most of the time).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport