Lucielle's daring debt free journey

Options

Comments

• TizerCat
    Options
    Good morning Lucielle,

yes the farmer is charging £6 per bale here and I've realised with 3 I'm going to be getting through a bale a day! Feb is always my low point when every year I vow to sell the lot of them!

Have sort of reconciled to selling 2 if I can get myself really committed to getting DF. My difficulty is that my crisis moment passed a few years ago and I have been able to clear all the priority debts and the cards/loans all excepted a £1 a month and I havn't heard from any of them since, that was 3 years ago. I'm sort of scared of changing things incase I upset the apple cart,as they say.

So I go through periods of feeling that I should basically grow up (i'm 44) and do something about the debts. Then with no pressure on me to do so, I get complacent and think well life is short and why not enjoy it. I also tend to think the debts are so big I will never clear them....but reading the diaries on here many people have cleared more than mine.

Am building up the courage to start my own diary.....am aiming to by the end of the week.

Hope you have a great day!
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • turfy6
    turfy6 Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the ginger cake recipe I will give it a try. Do you think I could manage without the food processor as I dont have one, do have navvy arms though:rotfl: so could hand mix it all, would that be ok?
    Visa £[STRIKE]5063 [/STRIKE]now 0. Loan 1 €[STRIKE]4885[/STRIKE] now 0. Loan 2 €29,590 now €0 as of 22/02/2016 Mgage €55000/ €23,639 at 01/02/18
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW Nerd 1209 Keep on keeping on folks DFD FEB 2016 MGE FREE 2024 (hopefully earlier)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It says on the recipe to hand mix it but I'm a lazy mare and found a shortcut as I make such a large batch found it easier.

TC from other horsey blogs I still read, that price is cheap, though I'm presuming its for a large round bale, if not ye Gods you have my sympathy. If you start a diary let me know and I'll come and keep you company.

Lost 0.5lb last night. Every little helps but wish it could be a LOT!!!! Some newbies have lost 7lbs in their first week and I can't help but feel a little envious and wish it was me.

Finding work tiring this week and wish I could just have a week off to potter and be frivilous with my time. I think things are going to get busier as we are hopefully moving into a new office (this has been going on since February.)
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Lucielle that is for a small square bale :( Luckily mine can stay out all year as we are on the South downs, not as cold or muddy as up north, still have to hay them tho after Christmas)

Will definitely start diary after I'v iodined the ponies tonight.( No sooner than I had printed an advert for the smallest pony, they caught ringworm! Iodine is the cheapest way I have found of treating it)

It would be great to find other DFW's that have ponies too .....Thats the bit I'm afraid of most... is publish my SOA ....as I know readers will be shocked at what I spend on the horses when I owe so much money.
    Debt at LBM 27 Sept 2010 £40,640.17:o cleared it in 2017. Debt now £3600 on credit card 0% and £20k on consolidation loan Oh dear will I ever l learn!? B][/FONT
  • lucielle
    Options
    There might be some that are a bit off but other people have expensive hobbies and still manage to bust the debt. Hypnos children go skiing which is an expensive hobby and Penguin used to have a horse so the DfW horse owners are out there. I promise not to be shocked...........and I'll come and hold your hand. You can always do an SOA and not post it. There's nothing written down saying you have to, just do what you feel comfortable wth.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Thank you Lucielle, you are very kind! I had better get on with it then :)
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you're tired this week..hope that improves soon but you never stop
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Me too L. hope you feel less tired soon.
    love V
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • TizerCat
    Options
    Morning Lucille, only 2 more working days until the weekend :j , can you relax this weekend ? You are always so busy, busy, busy!

Have a good day

TC x
  • lucielle
    Options
    I'm being a lazy mare today as its my day off. Was supposed to be meeting up with a chum but she has just landed a job which I'm so pleased about. Managed to get loads of house work done last night so only got some washing to hang out. 2 of my chaps have got a teacher training day tomorrow, luckily OH is on shift change so he'll be able to look after them. So to add to his stress levels DS2 has got 2 friends sleeping over tonight. The big 2 aren't impressed but they'll have to get over it.

Had a big fall out with DS1 this week. He is in his final GCSE year and I know its really hard for them to comprehend how important these exams are but he is so laid back he's horizontal!!!! He isn't an academic and finds school hard. He was supposed to be going to a revision class on Monday but came home on the bus, then he came out with this c0ck and bull story about not having a letter signed. I was seriously fizzing. Tried phoning the school but there was no answer, managed to get through on Tuesday and spoke to the head of English. Basically DS1 was having a pinnochio moment which also sent me off into the stratosphere. Had a massive row which ended up with him in tears and me pretty close and told him he was grounded. This weekend would be the weekend he gets to earn some money beating. Half an hour later the gamekeeper called to see if he could go, he did tell him no.

I felt incredibly guilty as this is his only means of earning money. Still DS1 is watching TV not doing any revision. Spoke to OH and we agreed that if he did some work every night he could go beating but he's still grounded and no Young Farmers.

I spoke to the head of year last night to see if they could help to get him motivated. They must've dealt with this kind of thing before. We've tried bribery, threats and rewards nothing gets him motivated. I feel like I'm shoving an elephant uphill with the brakes on. I've asked him what can we do to help apart from learn the bloody stuff for him. I've spent a fortune on revision books, bought Memory Girls book and he still does nothing. Anybody got any tips out there. I can feel myself getting all upset again, so time for another cuppa.
    L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family