Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • magic57
    • By magic57 4th Apr 08, 9:01 AM
    • 702 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    magic57
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:01 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:01 AM
    Thanks. If it works this will be great. It has been my main gripe with o2 that you have to have access to a computer to check your balance.
    Will get dear son to try it when he wakes. Probably lunchtime!!
  • agsnu
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:05 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:05 AM
    Reply said:

O2: We're sorry this service is unavailable on your account. Please contact O2 Customer Service.
  • matrix999
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:44 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:44 AM
    Reply said:

O2: We're sorry this service is unavailable on your account. Please contact O2 Customer Service.
    Originally posted by agsnu
    Aparently this is still under development and will only work on certain customers accounts at the moment.
    Kevin
  • malarky
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:57 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 9:57 AM
    Thanks for that, it worked for me.

This will come in handy cheers.
    • redux
    • By redux 4th Apr 08, 10:17 AM
    • 14,747 Posts
    • 17,017 Thanks
    redux
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:17 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:17 AM
    Aparently this is still under development and will only work on certain customers accounts at the moment.
    Originally posted by matrix999
    Try again from time to time - a couple of weeks ago (19th March), it would not work on mine, but his time I get a detailed response.

The reply message also recommends the wap link mentioned above. Using this to get a calls balance uses about 8k5 of data.

edit - 8k5 means 8.5k
    Last edited by redux; 04-04-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    • ringo_24601
    • By ringo_24601 4th Apr 08, 10:28 AM
    • 15,395 Posts
    • 23,918 Thanks
    ringo_24601
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:28 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:28 AM
    Cool! i like that a lot! It also sends me the following link which is even nicer:

http://wap.O2.co.uk/mybalance

The text message is handy, but i like the wap page better. I've got 200mb of downloads so 85kb doesn't worry me to much
    • suze1984
    • By suze1984 4th Apr 08, 10:31 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    suze1984
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:31 AM
    Yey!
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:31 AM
    Thats great! Always wondered why they never offered that service, and its so annoying having to go online all the time
    • redux
    • By redux 4th Apr 08, 10:36 AM
    • 14,747 Posts
    • 17,017 Thanks
    redux
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:36 AM
    • 4th Apr 08, 10:36 AM
    ... so 85kb doesn't worry me to much
    Originally posted by ringo_24601
    8.5k, I meant. Putting the k between the digits wasn't a typing mistake, but is a way to denote the decimal point position, used in for example electrical component values, but a bit obscure I suppose. My apologies for being confusing.
  • sibbahz
    Worked for me too. They would start this just after i agreed to cancel my contract on monday, mostly as i like seeing what i used/have left.
    (currently on an online 25£/month tariff)
  • z4kir
    I presume its not live usage? As in its probably 24hrs behind?
    SLC: £13000+

Quidco
    : £
    131.24 (paid) + £0 (validated) = £131.24
    Valued Opinions
    : £75 (paid) + £52.30 (received) + £4.50 (pending) = £131.80
    StudentPanel: £25
  • sibbahz
    It says its up to 48 hours behind, and it is giving me the same information as online so id assume its still behind. No idea why it works like that.
  • sohurt
    Hi sorry everyone, typed this really fast at some silly oclock time!

Anyway, it only works for consumer contracts at the moment (not business), that only have one mobile number attached to them.. hope that clears it up a little.
    • reehsetin
    • By reehsetin 4th Apr 08, 7:34 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 4,474 Thanks
    reehsetin
    worked on mine, fantastic thanks
    Yes Your Dukeiness
  • Kilty
    It's great - I just bought an o2 contract and was thinking last week "it sucks that they don't have an easy way to check balance from my handset"

It's a little buggy though - I've had one of those "this service is not available on your account" messages in between successful ones
  • DrBob2k8
    Just tried it and it says that I have exactly 100 minutes left which is way off as online it says (accurately) 76 minutes. Also does it cost you the price of a text or is it completely free ?

If this works and they get rid of all the bugs it wil be great... This was one of the biggest things I had against o2 along side the website as I used have lots of trouble accessing it with error after error sometimes lasting days !
  • saving2008
    Slighlty off-topic but can anybody get the new O2 Bluebook to Active Sync with their O2 Pay & Go mobile.

My o2 account will store my messages and photos ok but won't let me sync my contacts over to its website
  • barjam
    Slighlty off-topic but can anybody get the new O2 Bluebook to Active Sync with their O2 Pay & Go mobile.

My o2 account will store my messages and photos ok but won't let me sync my contacts over to its website
    Originally posted by saving2008

has the sync-ing of your contacts not got somthing to do with what phone you have, i have a samsing e900 and it is not compatible yet for the contacts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,485Posts Today

7,973Users online

Martin's Twitter