Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discou... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"
Views: 377,771
# 1
nigeljc67
Old 26-03-2008, 9:24 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Note from MoneySavingExpert.com:

Please also read the information contained in the Beware costly subscriptions when shopping online news story.

Back to the original post....

--------------------------

You may want to check your credit card statements for an entry like "shopperdisc" probably an 8 charge. I just discoverred that this appears on mine every month for a year !! ( shame one me for not checking before) . I had no idea what the charge was for so did some research. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] for want of a better word, they charge you for membership of an "online discount shopping club"!. Not entirely sure how they got the card details as its certainly not something i knowingly subscribed to but its been suggested that a number of well known (and i thought trusted) retailers have been connected with unauthorised subscriptions to this service. If you google shopper discount & reward you'll see who the offenders are. Virgin , my card provider have refused to stop the payments so i am trying to contact these charlitans direct. Hope to get my money back and will update.. but highly recomend you take a minute to check your card statements.

sorry for typo in title, unable to edit

Last edited by MSE Investigator; 09-12-2013 at 2:43 PM. Reason: pending investigation
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to nigeljc67 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
grayme-m
Old 26-03-2008, 9:58 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Continuous authorities on credit cards can only be stopped by the taker, so I never use them as they are nowhere near as safe as DDs.

Then if this happens as it has to you, that makes it harder to resolve. However, if you have had no dealings with this company, can't Virgin look into it for you and ask them to prove you gave them your details? If not, can't you start the charge back process then if need be move on to legal action?
Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grayme-m For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
custardy
Old 26-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

in the short term can you not report your card lost
i assume they use new card numbers with a lost card replacement?
The Following User Says Thank You to custardy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
nigeljc67
Old 26-03-2008, 11:12 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks for feedback.

Update.. After being on hold for 40 mins with no response (other that the press 1,2 etc recording ) i gave up with trying to call shopper discounts and rewards and went back to Virgin. This time i got a more helpful response and was transferred to their billing investigation department. They are well aware of this outfit, apparently [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] purchasing through Interflora online (Interflora shame on you ). Virgin tried to call SD&R but also got no response.. they have agreed to follow up my complaint.
I will take small claims action against SD&R and/or Interflora if i dont get my money refunded.

Last edited by MSE Investigator; 09-12-2013 at 2:44 PM. Reason: pending investigation
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nigeljc67 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
nigeljc67
Old 26-03-2008, 11:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

success.. subscription cancelled and commitment to refund me all payments to date. They also confirmed that sign up was via Interflora so beware if buying online with interflora .. any "free" offers may well be anything but free...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nigeljc67 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
elvis girl
Old 01-04-2008, 9:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi Nigel. Shame on me too because I also just noticed I have been paying this for at least 9 months! I don't know how cos I have never ordered anything from interflora. How did you cancel your subscription & who agreed to refund your payments to date? Did you take it up with the credit card company (thats what I'm planning to do). Thnx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elvis girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
elvis girl
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

UPDATE: 8 months payments refunded yesterday
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elvis girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
hollydays
Old 04-04-2008, 8:16 AM

Op can you edit your title?
The Following User Says Thank You to hollydays For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
grayme-m
Old 04-04-2008, 8:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydays View Post
Op can you edit your title?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljc67 View Post
sorry for typo in title, unable to edit
He doesn't think so, unless your post is a lot more deep than I can see with it being so early.
The Following User Says Thank You to grayme-m For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
hollydays
Old 04-04-2008, 9:49 AM

ah,ok,missed that.
# 11
grayme-m
Old 04-04-2008, 9:52 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydays View Post
ah,ok,missed that.
You could have said it was a deep joke that I'd missed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grayme-m For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
seanski44
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi, I've had this recently and it was off the back of an easyjet flight I booked - after booking I was offered 10 cashback on the next easyjet flight so I clicked it - next thing I know I'm signed up to 8 a month. Not sure what the bank'll do about this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanski44 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
parsimoniuspete
Old 11-04-2008, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Shopperdisc.co.uk--- EasyJet

I noticed an 8 on a card I only use to book flights. It seems EasyJet have allowed this company to offer a discount voucher on their site which (I didn't notice it and I am careful) signs you up and allows your card details to be given to Shopperdisc.co.uk.

I emailed Shopperdic.co.uk and have cancelled my "membership" and have been promised a refund of the initial charge.
Pete
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parsimoniuspete For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
deadleg21
Old 11-04-2008, 3:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

ive got a pending £8 POS for today when i havn't even used my card today. I hope it's not this, sounds difficult to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadleg21 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
seanski44
Old 15-04-2008, 10:13 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I contacted my bank and told them that my card details have been used without my permission (as I'm certain I didn't enter card details into the shopper discount page) and they said I should contact the lost/stolen cards line. - Am surprised as when with a diff bank in the past and someone did a duplicate transaction (seemingly innocent) they were unstoppable in retrieving the cash.

hmmm. Have sent shopper discount a complaining email lets see if they reply
The Following User Says Thank You to seanski44 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
seanski44
Old 15-04-2008, 9:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

btw, I got the reply from their customer service same as other people "Our records show that you or someone in your household joined the Shopper Discounts and Rewards programme after completing an online transaction with www.easyjet.co.uk..... " etc etc etc

they claim to be refunding me the 8pounds but I won't hold my breath - will let you all know if they do though!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seanski44 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
papito
Old 15-04-2008, 9:18 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Vistaprint is another offering this subscriptions
The Following User Says Thank You to papito For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
tallyhoh
Old 16-04-2008, 8:41 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Vistaprint have caught loads of people out with this one, including my OH. Having said that he did receive an email beforehand to say they were going to start charging I think 9.95 a month.
They do it by offering you free business cards or prints.
He complained straightaway & they cancelled the payment without any problem.
Tallyhoh!

Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved 14,040 so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to tallyhoh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
hollydays
Old 16-04-2008, 8:46 AM

..and interflora..
# 20
jenbob
Old 16-04-2008, 11:26 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,

This has just happened to me with ALLPOSTERS...grr. I have tried to get a refund but so far no luck. I have emailed Allposters about this, telling them it puts me off buying stuff with them, and when people find out that they are linked to shopper discounts it puts them off too. They seem not to care as they have not replied to my email which annoys me more, so now I am going to as many places as possible to add Allposters to "the list".
People that did get refunds - did they come from shopper discounts? They just keep telling me that I signed up so its my fault

Cheers
Jen

Last edited by jenbob; 16-04-2008 at 11:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenbob For This Useful Post: Show me >>