Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Tesco Clubcard - Extra Points Goods (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tesco Clubcard - Extra Points Goods
Closed Thread
Views: 144,114
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Leylauk
Old 09-07-2005, 8:41 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile Tesco Clubcard - Extra Points Goods

Hi

I was just in my fave supermarket and noticed that some items are giving 50 extra clubcard points - worth 200 points (2) in deals. Organics offer now finished - but see below

Also I partly paid with coupons which made the deal even sweeter!!!

New extra point offers:

500 extra points when you spend 1 or more on books online - see post 942 on page 95 of the thread (thanks thepearce)

CSI box sets 400 points on 23 boxset
My Family 200 points on 15 (?) DVD (thanks to bylromarha for these two)
Triple points on PAYG topups over 15 (thanks to bylromarha)
5000 extra points on Servis washing machine 369.87 - thanks to amba_gambla and mumstheword thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...servis+washing

Alas the beef in gravy train is no more.... However it caused such a stir that users have been inspired to poetry by it. It will always live on in our heart and holidays until the next big points loophole!!!!

Ode to Beef in Gravy by trinnylilac

Oh how i'll miss this clubcard deal,
I have to explain how I really feel,

After buying 123 of your ready made dinners,
Me and the kids are feeling like winners,

Cause now we will sitting down to eat,
On a mfi table that will hopefully seat,

2 adults ,3 kids and a new baby,
All thanks to birds eye beef in gravy,

Points calculator

Thanks also to cpjackso - who has created a calculator to convert the cost of a holiday/clubcard deals into beef in gravy or burger costs - you can use it here - http://www.cpjackson.co.uk/cgi-bin/cccalc/calc.pl.
Total for 2009: L'Oreal Lip Duo, Diary, Motability Guide
Thanks to everyone who post comps - you are all

Last edited by Leylauk; 16-09-2005 at 5:07 PM.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Leylauk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
mp7125
Old 09-07-2005, 8:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi there is also 50 points currently on the Free from all fish fingers - 10 for 1.49.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp7125 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
pre-reg
Old 09-07-2005, 9:00 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

thanks for the info...will have to go to tesco tommoro :')
# 4
Addy
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Till spat out a coupon for 100 points for 3+ on frozen burgers/sausages, so used it and bought 2 pkts organic burgers and 1 pkt organic sausages for total 250 extra points.

Sausages a bit small and not highly flavoured, but nice and meaty and the kids liked them.
# 5
mhoc
Old 10-07-2005, 6:03 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylauk
Hi

I was just in my fave supermarket and noticed that some items are giving 50 extra clubcard points - worth 200 points (2) in deals. The range is the frozen organic products including:

Tesco Organic range:
Frozen organic burgers 4 pack - 99p
Organic frozen peas - approx. 1.39
Organic frozen sausages are also included but I could not find any of these.

So just had a BBQ for tea and still have a freezer that is overflowing!

Also I partly paid with coupons which made the deal even sweeter!!!

Hope this helps someone.
I expect that these are only in larger stores. Is this 50 points each?

Mary
# 6
Leylauk
Old 10-07-2005, 7:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I have seen these in a few stores now - infact they seemed to have more choice of products in the smallest store !?! However I also tried a Tesco extra and could not see any in there - the frozen section was too small.

Yes it is 50 extra points each - the till automatically adds on the points for each item bought.
# 7
cooksie
Old 11-07-2005, 6:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

hello there just received tesco healthy living club leaflet and vouchers, in the leaflet it says that you get 50 extra clubcard points for every frozen organic and free from product you buy until 9th August. Offer applies to both branded and own label products. If you sign up to the healthy living club they also send you regular extra points, including double points on all shopping.
have a nice day
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cooksie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
mhoc
Old 11-07-2005, 6:58 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksie
hello there just received tesco healthy living club leaflet and vouchers, in the leaflet it says that you get 50 extra clubcard points for every frozen organic and free from product you buy until 9th August. Offer applies to both branded and own label products. If you sign up to the healthy living club they also send you regular extra points, including double points on all shopping.
I found a list on Tesco.com of all the frozen organic products but couldnt find one for the free from label?

Mary

I know that we have a statement in August so the end of July must be reckoning date - anyone else think this?

Last edited by mhoc; 11-07-2005 at 7:43 PM. Reason: added a bit
# 9
Leylauk
Old 11-07-2005, 9:51 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Yes I bet that it is - that is why I am trying to boost my points a bit this month by buying quite a few burgers!!!
# 10
mhoc
Old 12-07-2005, 9:34 AM

Default re

Another thought. My dad has only just got his Tesco card so he wont get a statement in August unless I put 150 points on his card and the easiest way of doing this is by buying three of these products. Very good timing.

My small Tesco does not seem to stock all of the range, so far just seen the mince and peas but better than nothing and good for packing the freezer. The yellow notices on the shelf edges are very small, very easy to miss the extra 50 points notice.

Managed to get my favourite cashier last night who took my coupons no problem.

Mary

Last edited by mhoc; 14-07-2005 at 9:02 AM. Reason: added a bit
# 11
jellyhead
Old 12-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

i noticed the free from fish fingers in my tesco but they're 1.79, not 1.49. still worth it for 50 points though.
52% tight
# 12
managed-auction
Old 13-07-2005, 10:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I love Tesco's additional Clubcard point deals particularly when you use them for Clubcard Deals and they are worth 4 times the value of the points themselves.

Net result is that providing you actually plan to buy something from Clubcard Deals e.g. Holiday, Magazine, RAC, Days Out etc. Tesco are paying you to eat e.g. Fishfingers at 1.79 (50 free Clubcard Points worth 2 in Clubcard Deals) so the Fishfingers are free AND you get 21p.

The key is to NEVER spend the Clubcard Vouchers in the shop. Always put them towards a Clubcard deal. If you have a Clubcard Plus card you get 2% back worth 8% against Clubcard deals which is a great return on grudge purchases such as petrol.

There was a time Tesco were offering 200 points free with 2 Finest Meals. Total cost about 8 value of Clubcard Tokens = 8 :-)
# 13
jellyhead
Old 14-07-2005, 8:25 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

yep, they're doing it with vouchers i got sent yesterday for one of the clubs - spend 2 on bakery for example, get 50 points. worth joining all the clubs, if you don't have a baby or child in the correct age ranges you might have a pet who wants to join :-)
52% tight
# 14
gmrsupplies
Old 14-07-2005, 8:46 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Clubcard deals

So from this, If i buy 1000 packets of burgers costing 990, I would get 2000 points worth of clubcard deals ? Is this correct, so I could pay for a 2000 pound holiday from French Life with a total spend of 1000 worth of burgers ? And have a burger party, just bring your own cobs !!!!!!!!!
Up the Rams !!
# 15
mhoc
Old 14-07-2005, 8:55 AM

Default re

Completly mad but possible if your store stocked such a quantity of packs and you ahd freezer space for them and you could get enough people to come and eat them and bring their own baps, relishes, onins etc LOL

Mary
# 16
thepearce
Old 14-07-2005, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmrsupplies
So from this, If i buy 1000 packets of burgers costing 990, I would get 2000 points worth of clubcard deals ? Is this correct, so I could pay for a 2000 pound holiday from French Life with a total spend of 1000 worth of burgers ? And have a burger party, just bring your own cobs !!!!!!!!!
I like it............ I've done similar (though not to such an extent) with Mars bars in the past (cinema tickets & I won a phone).

IIRC Tesco have a policy which means you can only buy 6 of anything..... never usually applied but they might in this case Also a good time to use a double points copuon
# 17
thepearce
Old 14-07-2005, 9:20 AM

Reminds me of the guy who bought all those bananas a few years ago.... I couldn't find the original stories but here's some details :

"someone really benefited from a loyalty card points scheme, seems to be a chap who noticed that the bonus points on bananas sold in Tesco's could be cashed in at a greater value than their purchase price. Buying up all the stock, then handing it away free outside the door, earned him a small profit and made him a popular man. Except with Tesco's who had to go to a lot of trouble and expense having notices printed up for display in all their stores pointing out that bulk purchases were at the discretion of the management."

(source: http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/realuk/safeways.htm)
# 18
Leylauk
Old 14-07-2005, 10:05 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmrsupplies
Plus if you have any coupons to use you can further discount the cost of the holiday on average most stores accept at least 10% the value of the shop in coupons for things you have not bought - therefore less than 900 for a 2000 holiday
# 19
Leylauk
Old 14-07-2005, 11:04 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Kirstylou has just posted on another thread that this offer is also available on Organic milk priced at 79p so an even better deal!!!

Think a trip to Tesco is in order tonight.....
# 20
thepearce
Old 14-07-2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylauk
Kirstylou has just posted on another thread that this offer is also available on Organic milk priced at 79p so an even better deal!!!

Think a trip to Tesco is in order tonight.....
Yep : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.html?t=72774

Mentions milk. Just spent 10 mins checking all organic and free from on tesco.com for cheap items.... cheapest was 25p (and 34p, 48p etc.) I think I'm gonna go and buy a few test items

Last edited by thepearce; 14-07-2005 at 4:36 PM.
Closed Thread