Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    littlelady
    Help Dvla Sorn Fine!
    • 1st Jan 08, 7:41 PM
    Help Dvla Sorn Fine! 1st Jan 08 at 7:41 PM
    Happy new year folks ,well i have problem DVLA have sent me a letter saying that i have a eighty pound fine for late licensing .The vehicle in question was of the road and sorn for a year and two months before the sorn ran out we sold the vehicle in our local newspaper,we notified dvla of the new owners name address and date of sale,these new owners have not got the vehicle on the road or have not taxed it ,so low and behold dvla have written to me asking for this fine,i have the V11 with the expiry date for licence disc or sorn date which is a month after we sold it ,i also have a letter from dvla saying they have updated there records.why should i be made to pay a fine just because the new owners have not taxed the car /sorn it and dvla say they did not receive notification of new owner ship when i first sold the car,only after my second letter did i receive a letter from dvla of a update of there records.HELP:confused:
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,436Posts Today

7,189Users online

Martin's Twitter