Advertising on your car

which is part of the Work, work, work section

Please feel free to add your comments, suggestions or questions
Just click reply

Comments

• Leighthal
    Leighthal Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe not totally suitable to this thread,but,I'm in the process of importing a 1964 Ford Falcon convertible as I've always wanted to own a car from this period.I was wondering if I could earn some money back on my purchase.Does anyone have experience of renting out a classic car for weddings,TV shows,Pop promos,proms etc etc.?
    In an Acapulco hotel:
    The manager has personally passed all the water served here.:rotfl:
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Should there be disclosure to the insurance company that the car is being used for hire and reward, and if so how much extra loading would that incur?
  • Leighthal
    Leighthal Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    Should there be disclosure to the insurance company that the car is being used for hire and reward, and if so how much extra loading would that incur?

This is one of the things I'm hoping someone can help with.
    In an Acapulco hotel:
    The manager has personally passed all the water served here.:rotfl:
  • ZootHornRollo
    Options
    you would need to get insurance for business use as well as public liabilty. the fact you'd be carrying paying pasengers robably adds a lot to the insurance quote. I'd imagine that there would be agencies that would be looking for cars to hire out on a pay per job basis. but you may be better of advertising privately in local press or classic car/wedding magazines

joining an owners club is a good idea too. i know the triumph owners club i was in used ot get apporached by Heart Beat for cars to use in filming.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
  • joeblack066
    joeblack066 Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Options
    I registered with one of these companies 8 months ago, never heard another thing! Waste of time IMHO!
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I drive a car that is prime for advertising on, I applied to a couple of companys but never even got a confirmation email from them.

There are issues that your car may become a target for vandalism, that is my thinking anyway. Could turn out to be a nightmare overall.
  • Smartdriver
    Options
    :j Hello everyone, nice to 'meet' you :D

Who needs an agency in order to do this?

I decided to use my car as an advertising hoarding just over 18 months ago now ..... and all I did was print out some A5 'flyers' on my computer and hand them out/post to local businesses as well as emailing a few websites.

To date, a local vehicle bodyshop has the front & back panels; a uk internet auction site has had the door panels for 12 months but this hasn't been renewed so I'm open to offers :D

I offer a 1 year contract at a fixed price, payable in advance + the cost of affixing the ad to the car.

It's an arrangement that's working pretty well so far :p My tax & insurance are practically covered and there's a little left over toward petrol costs. I informed my insurance company prior to taking on any ads and I think they added £30 to my annual premium because of it.

Nevertheless, I've just tried registering on the AdsOnCars website, but when I'd completed the registration form and tried to submit the application it failed to go through....... I got a RunTimeError message :mad:

I've emailed them though and will wait & see what happens :D
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Snap - I am a Smart driver and I applied for adsoncars, never ever heard from them though
  • Smartdriver
    Options
    Then don't wait any longer :D Print off your own flyers and distribute them ..... thereby cutting out the middleman's profit :T
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    I wanted to go through Adsoncars because they make up the stickers etc.

Any1 at all had luck with this??
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family