Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tc1992
    • By tc1992 11th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 17Thanks
    tc1992
    Can anyone confirm how long i have before my landlord evcits me (she's selling)
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    Can anyone confirm how long i have before my landlord evcits me (she's selling) 11th Oct 17 at 3:57 PM
    Hello

My landlord's agents phone me on monday to tell me that they are selling. I am currently on a 12 month contract. The payment for the very last month of the contract went through yesterday.

Since i have not been served formal notice does that mean I have the rest of this (contract) month and then 2 month more. I believe that legally you need to give 2 months. There is no time stated in my contract, it just says that "he shall serve any notice(s) with the provisions of the Housing Acts"

So if that is the case i have effectively 3 months more here, have i got this right?
Page 3
    • tc1992
    • By tc1992 12th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    tc1992
    Good grief! What a lot of conflicting informtion! Poor OP - how will you know which posters above are talking rubbish (some of them!), and which are giving accurate advice?

The tenancy does not end if the LL changes.

The LL cannot evict except by first serving a S21 (or S8 if applicable) Notice, and then applying to court.

For fuller details, read:

* Ending/renewing an AST: what happens when a fixed term ends? How can a LL or tenant end a tenancy? What is a periodic tenancy?
    Originally posted by G_M

good link, thanks!
    • Mrs pbradley936
    • By Mrs pbradley936 13th Oct 17, 10:03 AM
    • 12,615 Posts
    • 18,942 Thanks
    Mrs pbradley936
    When all is said and done if you are in good terms why not just say that you are moving and ask if can you stay til you have a date? Then you can give Notice and tie up all loose ends with no hostility and less stress.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,278Posts Today

7,560Users online

Martin's Twitter