Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 1
    • badger09
    • By badger09 4th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 5,596 Posts
    • 4,906 Thanks
    badger09
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    Thanks for that

Link here
    https://www.youandb.co.uk/studiob/our-stores-birmingham

EDIT:

https://www.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

T&C 7 You (or any joint account holders) do not qualify for this offer if you have previously received a cash
    incentive for switching to Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank using the Current Account Switching Service

Yorkshire Boy - this means you
    And many of us
    Last edited by badger09; 04-10-2017 at 1:39 PM.
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 4th Oct 17, 5:23 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:23 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:23 PM
    Looks interesting. Possibly worth a trip to Birmingham if I could find an account that I'm prepared to sacrifice.

Problem is I am happy with my current portfolio.

£250 is tempting though.

Thanks for sharing the post.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 29,624 Posts
    • 17,487 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    Looks interesting. Possibly worth a trip to Birmingham if I could find an account that I'm prepared to sacrifice.

Problem is I am happy with my current portfolio.

£250 is tempting though.
    Originally posted by wiseonesomeofthetime
    You can't be happy! The ones who are "happy" (in the Midlands) will be the ones who are 'wiseallofthetime' and already have a sacrificial account or two lined up for such an offer.
    by badger09
    It's OK, I haven't spent all I got last time yet.

On a serious note though, this has to be the highest incentive offer in recent years?...topped only by a couple cross-referring each other at Nationwide?
    • IAmHereHello
    • By IAmHereHello 4th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    IAmHereHello
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    How do you manage to get a few of these incentives? Do you open a new account, set up some DDs and then switch?
    • djpailo
    • By djpailo 4th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 428 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    djpailo
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    How do you manage to get a few of these incentives? Do you open a new account, set up some DDs and then switch?
    Originally posted by IAmHereHello
    Pretty much yes.
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 4th Oct 17, 11:12 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    atlantis187
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:12 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:12 PM
    what is the best dummy account I cant quickly open and set a couple of DD up inorder to switch to this
    Cant use first direct, Barclays, coop and Halifax
    already have these
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 5th Oct 17, 7:37 AM
    • 479 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:37 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:37 AM
    Do none of these banks allow you to open a secondary account?
    When I need a donar account I can create new Classic account with TSB (Already have a Classic Plus). It doesn't need to do a credit search on my file and is up and running in a day or two.
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 5th Oct 17, 10:04 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    atlantis187
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:04 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:04 PM
    Do none of these banks allow you to open a secondary account?
    When I need a donar account I can create new Classic account with TSB (Already have a Classic Plus). It doesn't need to do a credit search on my file and is up and running in a day or two.
    Originally posted by binaryuniverse
    Do Barclays do this
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 6th Oct 17, 5:58 AM
    • 851 Posts
    • 1,749 Thanks
    Terry98
    According to the OP on Hotukdeals this will available nationwide in the next couple of weeks
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/250-incentive-for-current-account-switch-to-clydesdale-bank-or-yorkshire-bank-2806423
    • Jibeddy
    • By Jibeddy 6th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Jibeddy
    Spent the whole of August working there why now

According to the OP on Hotukdeals this will available nationwide in the next couple of weeks
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/250-incentive-for-current-account-switch-to-clydesdale-bank-or-yorkshire-bank-2806423
    Originally posted by Terry98
    I hope this is true, but it only seems to be an assumption. OP seems to be claiming 'asking further' (with the bank presumably) further in the comments but nothing to substantiate it. Here's hoping!
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 6th Oct 17, 3:23 PM
    • 10,803 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Thanks for that

Link here
    https://www.youandb.co.uk/studiob/our-stores-birmingham

EDIT:

https://www.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

T&C 7 You (or any joint account holders) do not qualify for this offer if you have previously received a cash
    incentive for switching to Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank using the Current Account Switching Service

And many of us
    Originally posted by badger09
    I'm not sure if he's planning a workaround, it does say received 'a' cash incentive, doesn't that imply one rather than the double figures he successfully completed?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 6th Oct 17, 4:57 PM
    • 5,596 Posts
    • 4,906 Thanks
    badger09
    I'm not sure if he's planning a workaround, it does say received 'a' cash incentive, doesn't that imply one rather than the double figures he successfully completed?
    Originally posted by bigadaj
    Hmmm I don't think even YorkshireBoy would try that argument
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Oct 17, 5:36 PM
    • 19,953 Posts
    • 91,534 Thanks
    michaels
    You can't be happy! The ones who are "happy" (in the Midlands) will be the ones who are 'wiseallofthetime' and already have a sacrificial account or two lined up for such an offer. It's OK, I haven't spent all I got last time yet.

On a serious note though, this has to be the highest incentive offer in recent years?...topped only by a couple cross-referring each other at Nationwide?
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    For some reason I also thought of YB when I saw this on HUKD and even gave him a mention....

I wonder how good their records are between the two brands as DW and I only did Yorkshire Bank last time.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 7th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Nextonal
    Hi guys, just as an update, I went in to switch my account today. The person dealing with it confirmed that in the next couple of weeks they are looking to roll the offer out nationwide. The offer will also be available by switching online too. He thinks that by the middle of November the offer will be out for everyone.

Something I was pleased with was that he said if you are overdawn there is a two day grace period before you are charged, or at least thats what I interpreted it as meaning.

On another note too, he said the offer also comes with a current account and a savings account. Not sure if you can opt out of the savings account as I didn't ask because I needed one anyway but something to be aware of.
    • xsy77
    • By xsy77 17th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    xsy77
    I also have a TSB Classic Plus and donít want to close it as it earns me interest.

When I try and create a new account whilst logged into my mobile banking, it only gives me the option to create another classic plus. Is this ok?? Or am I pressing the wrong button?

If I figure the above out, my thinking is as follows:

Transfer an amount: say £250
    Setup 2x direct debits: Iíll find some that I use regularly.
    Setup a standing order to transfer in £1000 per month and then transfer out the next day.
    After the incentive has been recieved use this account to do th first direct incentive offer.

Does all that sound correct??
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 17th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 479 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    If you can't see a 'Apply for Classic' button (it should be there. I can see one when trying to open another account), then try applying for a Classic Plus. They may just downgrade it to Classic on account opening.

I don't think you actually need to transfer an amount, to satisfy a switch requirement (after all, what if you bring over an overdraft too?). But I tend to stick a quid in.
    The T&Cs online do state that you only seem to need to set up 2 direct debits, after the account has been opened, however, I'd probably set them up on the TSB account, and then transfer them over to avoid any possible hiccups.

But it appears to be correct, yes.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 18th Oct 17, 10:41 AM
    • 3,910 Posts
    • 38,017 Thanks
    Katiehound
    In the past I have opened an extra TSB Classic account- that's the basic one- not the Plus. Kept it for a few months and then switched making sure I had fulfilled the criteria. Maybe it's time to open another??!!

I'm thinking you can only have one Classic + these days anyway.

I don't think I have anything else to switch unless I sacrifice a BOS a/c which is no longer paying such big bucks!!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 18th Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 1,319 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    For some reason I also thought of YB when I saw this on HUKD and even gave him a mention....

I wonder how good their records are between the two brands as DW and I only did Yorkshire Bank last time.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Obviously no harm in trying but the switching team for Clydesdale/Yorkshire are one and the same.
    • castle96
    • By castle96 18th Oct 17, 3:40 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    castle96
    Shame to miss out on it...... still get 9 monthly £1 statements from Y/CB........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

7,316Users online

Martin's Twitter