Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IanMargaret
    • By IanMargaret 21st Sep 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    IanMargaret
    Flow Energy
    • 21st Sep 17, 10:42 AM
    Flow Energy 21st Sep 17 at 10:42 AM
    Anyone else finding Flow Energy non communicative? We've recently switched and they've set our direct debit much too low. They've failed to address this or even reply despite us making phone and email contact,
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 21st Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 3,883 Posts
    • 1,543 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 21st Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 21st Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    Anyone else finding Flow Energy non communicative? We've recently switched and they've set our direct debit much too low. They've failed to address this or even reply despite us making phone and email contact,
    Originally posted by IanMargaret
    You can find others experience of this supplier here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4586989

If deemed necessary, the supplier's complaint procedure which you may wish to follow can be found here:
    https://www.flowenergy.uk.com/help/unhappy/

Why not just arrange the extra money you think you should be paying to be put into a high interest savings account of your own, to be accessed if you later need to?

Good luck!
    Last edited by footyguy; 21-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 21st Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 9,965 Posts
    • 4,104 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 21st Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 21st Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    Flow EnergyFelaw Maltings
    Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 8PN United Kingdom
    • spot1034
    • By spot1034 26th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    spot1034
    • 26th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 26th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    After a long period of silence I got an email from Flow aa few weeks ago informing me I had a new style online account. I logged in and took the opportunity to enter some up to date meter readings. Several weeks later, and I have just checked to find no evidence at all that these have been received. This was after my readings sent to them at their request upon joining in May - supposedly the ones used to determine my final account from my previous supplier - were ignored and estimates used instead which were not in my favour.

This isn't a huge issue for me. I shall stay with Flow until the end of my fixed term deal next year, but they clearly still have problems with processing information routinely sent to them.
    • RMS2
    • By RMS2 27th Sep 17, 4:28 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    RMS2
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:28 AM
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:28 AM
    Been with flow for about 18 months. Started on on £72 a month. They take elec use but not gas. So they increased it to £102 a month. Now they are trying to (they won't as I've put a switch in) put it to £137 a month.

Three bed semi with two adults and no kids. I must have a massive furnace that I don't know about.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 27th Sep 17, 9:53 AM
    • 9,965 Posts
    • 4,104 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 27th Sep 17, 9:53 AM
    • 27th Sep 17, 9:53 AM
    You should check your meter readings to see if its a mistake or fuel used .
    • NJB62
    • By NJB62 27th Sep 17, 2:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NJB62
    • 27th Sep 17, 2:55 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 2:55 PM
    I agree that they are non-communicative.
    Having switched away from Flow just over a month ago, they have not produced a final bill.
    An e-mail to them asking for this, has not even lead to an acknowledgment of my e-mail.
    I dread to think how long they will take to pay the credit on my Flow account. Have any Forumites experienced that particular problem (with this, or any other utilty provider)?
    Telephoning them, will mean that I shall be going round in circles, if my last call to them (on a different matter) is anything to go by.
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 27th Sep 17, 4:05 PM
    • 721 Posts
    • 587 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:05 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:05 PM
    @NJB62
    Unfortunately losing energy suppliers have 42 days to produce a final bill and then a further 14 days to repay any credit. If you owe them , they give you 10 days to pay after the bill has been produced to pay up.
    So you have to give them 6 weeks before you can submit a formal complaint to Flow.
    (I'm in a similar situation re:Flow final bill and repayment but only one week in so not worried yet)
    • frankie
    • By frankie 27th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    frankie
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 27th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    Similar with readings. I enter them on a regular basis but their web site rarely shows my last readings correctly. It seem odd that if I log into the 'new' site the readings are different to the old site which I can still access.

I guess this is the price to pay fpr a budget outfit!!
    • NJB62
    • By NJB62 2nd Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    NJB62
    Just to update my post of 27th Sep.'17, I can report that Flow have just sent an e-mail to inform me that a credit is due to be paid in 14 working days time.

So, earlier than expected! I wonder if Flow's staff are reading these posts?
    • daph41
    • By daph41 5th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    daph41
    Rubbish admin
    Really unimpressed with Flow Energy. I had to tell them that only my gas readings could be input on my page, not the ones for electricity. They sorted that out, but now I keep giving them exact meter readings and they keep estimating them! It isn't rocket science - even EDF managed to keep my meter readings correct!
    • movingon
    • By movingon 7th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    movingon
    This appears to be a common problem. It is mentioned on the other Flow thread on here, and on their Facebook page over and over again. In addition to not updating meter readings, neither do they respond to emails. Their explanation for not answering emails is that they are busy- to the lack of meter updating the response on Facebooks is as follows:-
    "All energy companies have under went a large system update with the gas national database. This has caused some delays in gas related inquires such as gas switches in supply and reads taking longer than usual to validate via the industry. The update was across May and June. Following this update, some smaller energy companies who use a system called ‘utilisoft’ have had to go through internal updates across July and August. While this has been happening any gas reads some customers are providing are stacking up. This is means we have to manually validate the reads to help the accounts get back on track. We are currently in the process of rectifying this.

Please rest assured, once this has been sorted, your account will correct itself of any readings we have over/under estimated. "

Well, I am not assured of anything so far. They have not managed to show any accurate meter readings after several months, and my bills have been estimated. My dealings with them are akin to banging my head against a brick wall.
    • ebc
    • By ebc 7th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    ebc
    In the other Flow thread the Flow Rep said that the September bill would be using the submitted Gas readings rather than estimates.

In my Sept bill they still used an incorrect estimate (not based on our usage last year, either).
    I've just seen that the October bill is also still using an estimate for Gas even though I submitted both gas & elec readings.

I used to work in software development and there's no way it can take 6 months to amend a bit of software to validate a reading !!!

Very disappointed with Flow but worried that if I try to move elsewhere they'll manage to screw that up if they cant get their meter reading numbers right.

Where is the Flow Rep and why don't they explain what on earth is going on.
    • movingon
    • By movingon 8th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    movingon
    Well, you know I feel your pain and share your sentiments exactly. However, I suspect their response, even if they deigned to appear on here, would be exactly as above, ie full of excuses about some software.
    • colin79666
    • By colin79666 8th Oct 17, 9:03 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    colin79666
    Moved to Flow last year. Was all ok until this summer when they stopped taking my gas readings and putting in estimates instead. No message on the website to explain, I guess it was related to the database change mentioned on here but I haven't seen other suppliers have so many months of issues with it.

Came near the end of the contract and their offer for renewing was not at all competitive. Switched out and one month on still waiting for our credit back and a final bill. They did phone after we put the switch in to offer us their new tariff - obviously didn't get the memo that we were already leaving.

Shame really that their systems appear to have not been able to scale when they had good offers last year and took on so many new customers. They didn't even have to be absolute cheapest but their systems issues meant we lost confidence and their new offer was just so poor we had to leave.
    • cosmos60
    • By cosmos60 8th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    cosmos60
    Flow Energy
    We have been customers of Flow Energy since March 2017, our fixed term contract will end March 2018. I was beginning to think it was me because despite entering our electric and gas meter readings at the end of every month, more often than not our statements have shown estimated readings! It's mostly our electricity but it has also occurred with our gas account. At the beginning of our switchover it took two months and many phone calls before our direct debits started going out! We have also had a man come and read our electric meter twice in the last four months. I must admit I'm frustrated with their online account system, it's very basic and not very responsive. We were with Scottish Power before Flow and their online account system was much better, your account was updated straight away after submitting readings. I'm not convinced about staying with them after our fixed term ends. On a positive note it's always easy to contact them by phone and they are always most helpful.
    • Broadwood
    • By Broadwood 11th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    Broadwood
    I've been with Flow since December 2016 and was happy with the switch and billing until they stopped using my gas readings after the May bill. Their estimated bill has been gradually creeping ahead of my readings ever since. They're always pleasant on the phone and always assure me the problem will be fixed "soon". But "soon" still hasn't arrived.

Their login page gives these wonderful reasons to sign up with Flow.

Register now

Not registered yet?
    It only takes a few seconds, then, you'll be able to:

• View your statements and make payments online
      For a more convenient way to manage your account
    • Send us your meter readings online
      To make sure you're only billed for the energy you use
    • Amend account details
      Or let us know you're moving home
    Studying at The University of Life.
    • ebc
    • By ebc 19th Oct 17, 2:34 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    ebc
    Where is the flow rep ???
    Just bumping this in the hope that the Flow Rep (who posted yesterday) might like to explain why they are still ignoring submitted Gas readings and making up their own estimates...
  • Flow Energy
    Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you have received, and we would like to resolve your queries with you at your earliest convenience.

Would you be kind enough to provide us with your Flow account number (via facebook direct message
    https://www.facebook.com/FlowEnergyUK/ or Twitter https://twitter.com/FlowEnergy_Help as we do not have a private message function on here) so we can look into this for you?

We will endeavour to contact you back as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

Flow
    Last edited by Flow Energy; 20-10-2017 at 4:33 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
    • ebc
    • By ebc 20th Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    ebc
    To the Flow Rep
    My account number is 21300031
    I submitted a gas reading on 30-sep-2017 of 24415.
    Today, your online system claims that my last gas reading (on 30-sep-17) was 24558.
    My last statement, dated 7-oct-17 also uses your estimate of 24558.

You having been using incorrect GAS estimates since May 2017.At the start of September you stated on this forum that the September bill would use submitted values (rather than estimates) for Gas - IT DID NOT.

The October bill also DOES NOT use the submitted GAS values either.

I am not the only person having this problem as you can see from the posts on this website, and apparently on your Facebook link. Why do you say you can look into this for me when you must already know that many, if not all, of your customers are having the same problem ???
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,174Posts Today

5,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin