Flow Energy

Options
Anyone else finding Flow Energy non communicative? We've recently switched and they've set our direct debit much too low. They've failed to address this or even reply despite us making phone and email contact,

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 September 2017 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Anyone else finding Flow Energy non communicative? We've recently switched and they've set our direct debit much too low. They've failed to address this or even reply despite us making phone and email contact,

You can find others experience of this supplier here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4586989

If deemed necessary, the supplier's complaint procedure which you may wish to follow can be found here:
    https://www.flowenergy.uk.com/help/unhappy/

Why not just arrange the extra money you think you should be paying to be put into a high interest savings account of your own, to be accessed if you later need to? :money:

Good luck!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Flow EnergyFelaw Maltings
    Ipswich, Suffolk IP2 8PN United Kingdom
  • spot1034
    Options
    After a long period of silence I got an email from Flow aa few weeks ago informing me I had a new style online account. I logged in and took the opportunity to enter some up to date meter readings. Several weeks later, and I have just checked to find no evidence at all that these have been received. This was after my readings sent to them at their request upon joining in May - supposedly the ones used to determine my final account from my previous supplier - were ignored and estimates used instead which were not in my favour.

This isn't a huge issue for me. I shall stay with Flow until the end of my fixed term deal next year, but they clearly still have problems with processing information routinely sent to them.
  • RMS2
    RMS2 Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    Been with flow for about 18 months. Started on on £72 a month. They take elec use but not gas. So they increased it to £102 a month. Now they are trying to (they won't as I've put a switch in) put it to £137 a month.

Three bed semi with two adults and no kids. I must have a massive furnace that I don't know about.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should check your meter readings to see if its a mistake or fuel used .
  • NJB62
    NJB62 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree that they are non-communicative.
    Having switched away from Flow just over a month ago, they have not produced a final bill.
    An e-mail to them asking for this, has not even lead to an acknowledgment of my e-mail.
    I dread to think how long they will take to pay the credit on my Flow account. Have any Forumites experienced that particular problem (with this, or any other utilty provider)?
    Telephoning them, will mean that I shall be going round in circles, if my last call to them (on a different matter) is anything to go by.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @NJB62
    Unfortunately losing energy suppliers have 42 days to produce a final bill and then a further 14 days to repay any credit. If you owe them , they give you 10 days to pay after the bill has been produced to pay up.
    So you have to give them 6 weeks before you can submit a formal complaint to Flow.
    (I'm in a similar situation re:Flow final bill and repayment but only one week in so not worried yet)
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Similar with readings. I enter them on a regular basis but their web site rarely shows my last readings correctly. It seem odd that if I log into the 'new' site the readings are different to the old site which I can still access.

I guess this is the price to pay fpr a budget outfit!!
  • NJB62
    NJB62 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to update my post of 27th Sep.'17, I can report that Flow have just sent an e-mail to inform me that a credit is due to be paid in 14 working days time.

So, earlier than expected! I wonder if Flow's staff are reading these posts?
  • daph41
    Options
    Really unimpressed with Flow Energy. I had to tell them that only my gas readings could be input on my page, not the ones for electricity. They sorted that out, but now I keep giving them exact meter readings and they keep estimating them! It isn't rocket science - even EDF managed to keep my meter readings correct!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure