Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McMahon
    • By McMahon 16th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    McMahon
    MET parking Stansted BP connect Notice to Registered Keeper (NTK)
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    MET parking Stansted BP connect Notice to Registered Keeper (NTK) 16th Sep 17 at 8:47 PM
    Hi,

Received a Notice to Registered Keeper asking me to pay a charge (£60 within 14 days which is expired, otherwise £100) from MET parking. I wasn't the driver, however the driver didn't notice any of the signs. The place in question is BP connect garage by Stansted Airport.

I haven't sent anything back, yet. Was thinking to ignore their communication. However, I am a bit worried. Should I send an appeal or reply to them. Never experienced it before, so I would be grateful if anyone could give ame advice.

There is an airport car park which has 1hr free parking, and if the driver knew she'd get a penalty by staying at BP garage, she would go to the airport car park.

I understand they need to charge the driver and that I don't have to tell them who it was. Am I correct?

Thank you
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now involved in and how you should set about dealing with this, together with an understanding of POFA

Come back after familiarising yourself with all this if you have further questions
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Sep 17, 12:22 AM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th Sep 17, 12:22 AM
    • 17th Sep 17, 12:22 AM
    Wouldn't it be good if there was a sticky thread at the top of the forum, explaining everything for newbies who've never experienced this before, asking newbies to read it first, and giving them a template appeal that works to get a POPLA code, and then win?

I understand they need to charge the driver and that I don't have to tell them who it was.
    Yes, and no, in that order. Do NOT ignore it.

We will give advice at POPLA stage, once you've submitted the usual template appeal from the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,150Posts Today

6,150Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin