Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 3rd Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 20,038Posts
    • 227,656Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017
    • 3rd Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017 3rd Sep 17 at 9:59 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Love your lounge

Level 1

Open Windows
    Plump cushions
    Empty Bins
    Remove anything which doesn't belong here
    Deal with magazines/newspapers - recycle the old ones
    Attend to cut flowers and pot plants

Level 2

Vacuum upholstery inc under seat pads
    Dust around everywhere
    Make sure logs are in and drying - autumn's looming
    Wipe light switches/sockets and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 3

Vacuum/mop floors
    Clean Windows
    Clean light fittings
    Make sure your sitting room/lounge/whatever you call it is ready for the most important people in your life - your family - to relax in.

Extras

Check you have spare light bulbs in because they blow at the most inconvenient time.
    get all smoke detectors tested and replace batteries
    Make any routine appointments
    HHI
    And if the kiddiwinks have gone back to school and you have time at home alone, then sit down with a book, and a cuppa, and RELAX for half and hour. If you haven't got any kids relax anyway...if reading's not your bag what about a nice, long UNINTERRUPTED bath...or snooze... you get the idea

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

Open windows
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    Remove towels

Level 2
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirtinga and any dust traps
    Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    If today is your first child free day TAKE TIME OUT for youself

Wednesday Wipe day - kitchen dining

Level 1

Open windows
    Empty bins
    Clear sides, wipe, wipe what lives there and replace
    rehome all worktop gibble
    Clean table - polish/wipe and chairs, too

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts - don't forget handles and tops and bottoms where drips hide and dry - ugh
    Dust dining area
    Remove gibble from dining room (It's my dump - somebody else must be equally bad)

level 3
    Clean and clear floors
    wipe sockets, switches skirtings
    PUT ALL POTS AWAY

Extras

Clean windows
    HHI

Thursday Thrills - Boudoir Beautification

Level 1

Open the windows W-I-D-E
    Strip the bed
    Remove rubish
    Clear floordrobe/chairdrobe/little heaps/big heaps

Level 2
    make the bed with FRESH linen (mmmm) and put out clean nightclothes

(even if you get nothing else done)

Clean the window
    Dust everywhere

level 3
    Vacuum lampshades and dust lightshades/chandeliers (and make sure the chain is still strong)
    Vacuum floor

Extras

HHI
    Have a nice, long bath so you slip between your sheets clean, fresh and relaxed...
    Check 'emergency stocks' (mine is UHT milk and catfood) are well in date so you don't have to venture out in foul weather
    MAD half hour - keep frog munching flyfolk

Friday Fling - get set for the weekend

Either - pick another bedroom and repeat Thursday

OR

get a just-damp cloth, a box and a binbag and spend 15 minutes MAXIMUM in each room tidying, straightening, wiping sticky marks and binning rubbish. Put anything that need washing in the laundry bin. Put of clean handtowels in the
    bathrooms and kitchen. Vacuum high-traffic areas. Now your WHOLE HOUSE looks clean!

Extras
    re-pressurise boiler
    shower or bathe (just me? okay - I have had a 'personal wash' - HATE starting the day withour a shower!)
    Last edited by Valli; 08-09-2017 at 7:09 AM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 8
    • froddington
    • By froddington 9th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 6,569 Posts
    • 92,873 Thanks
    froddington
    LW and Dizzy - huge hugs for you both x I totally understand where you both are coming from and I am often convinced that people will talk about me when I've left or that they only put up with me out of pity or because they have to I used to be so different - out virtually every weekend and with a big circle of friends

However - I have managed a few Flymeets in the past so there is hope

I have been playing with my new vacuum Scary how much extra dirt it seemed to pick up. Also WM x 1 and washed up, a bit of tidying in the front room and sorted a pile of mags to go through and keep parts of each rather than the whole thing.

Mrs MP - so pleased to hear you had a perfect day x
    "There's only one way of life - and that's your own"
    Depression is not a sign of weakness;
    it's a sign you have been strong for too long
    MFW No.3 Mortgage OPs 2017 £2350
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 9th Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    • 35,943 Posts
    • 463,367 Thanks
    pigpen
    Pigpen, is the dog for one of your family? !
    Originally posted by ionafan
    yes, my youngest sister. The training is the bulk of the cost. We have a few people offering pups for half price but the training and vaccinations and health check they need bumps the cost massively.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 9th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 35,943 Posts
    • 463,367 Thanks
    pigpen
    Swimming lessons were.. interesting..

Squeak got in nervously.. she followed instructions well, tried really hard and had a meltdown when we had to leave.

Pixie clung to the teachers neck like a limpet and tried really hard, she was the youngest by far, she did really well and was happily dipping her face in the water by the end... given she only just started sitting down in the bath a few months ago this is massive progress.

Twinkle fought the entire time because she wanted to get in to!

Dot.. Wow... she is a nightmare.. she leaped in, she wouldn't stay holding the bar like she was supposed to, she kept swimming off, doing her own thing, trying to reach the bottom, trying to climb out.. then the teacher asked her to float on her back.. well she was terrified and screaming 'help me up!! help me up!!' so the teacher was laughing at her silliness.. she moaned when it was time to leave too.. but got dried and dressed as nicely as she ever does... while Squeak was running about the changing room naked refusing to put any clothes on.

Can't wait for next week.
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 10th Sep 17, 12:08 AM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 29,694 Thanks
    dancemum
    Sounds like a fun outing Piggers, which reminds me ds2 has school swimming next week and I don't know which day.

Mrs M P lovely photos. I have sent you a friend request on f b. X

First dance classes after the holidays so my muscles are in shock.

Few hours spent helping unpack a large house. Ds2 was well behaved and helped.

Airing cupboard sorted
    Bath mats washed
    Ds1 work uniform washed
    Handwashed a tie.

We are helping unpack again tomorrow
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 10th Sep 17, 8:20 AM
    • 2,364 Posts
    • 14,562 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Biggest of hugs to you Dizzy - I hope today is brighter for you xx

Had a totally lazy day yesterday & DH cooked a delicious dinner. I've got loads of laundry to get through today, and must tidy round. Will try & chill this afternoon as a busy week ahead.

Have lovely days all x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 10.9.17 - £122,780
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 10th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 14,278 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Is FBO on holiday? Not seen her posts this week
    Originally posted by bossymoo
    Holiday? Fat chance

Sorry. I've been lurking. Despite having got a cleaner, life is even more manic. At the moment I am sitting waiting to find out whether the Royal Navy have fixed their boat. If they have, we are NOT going diving.

I spent yesterday running around like a blue ar*ed fly getting all the Sunday jobs done. Shopping, Meal prep, Washing etc. Packed the car with dive kit and then about 1600 got the news that friends vessel was putting to sea early. Then by 2330 they had broken the boat. Final SITREP due at 0930

I'm actually hoping it is cancelled. Its dreich, cold and grey. I fancy an afternoon of bouldering and the chance to go out for an anniversary meal. DH is on 24-7 on call at the moment to tick off 2 more rare operations before he can get signed off. This means we can't go further than 1/2hr from the hospital and he can be called in any minute. This will go on indefinitely

My new job is great, but inevitably I am doing extra hours. I get paid, but I need to be more strict. I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago and am now back at counselling. I need to break the money = status = self-worth mindset before it gets me into serious trouble.

Sorry for rabbiting on. ((((Hugs)))) and sticks to any in need. I'm hanging on to spoons I'm afraid.
    *** Debt Free***
    NST September - /18
    Goals - Weight loss 0/13lb from 1st Jul 17
    GC To 1/9/17 £2152.27/£3,500, 61.5/66.6% of the year. Had to raise budget
    • Doobop
    • By Doobop 10th Sep 17, 8:34 AM
    • 171 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    Doobop
    I haven't posted in ages as I'm about 3 weeks behind on the forums and I'm reading back! I had a question I know you can help with though! Someone is coming to do a valuation as we're getting a better mortgage deal so, what are my priorities in clearing up?! OH will hoover and do bathrooms, and I'll clean the kitchen, not sure about other things - clutter etc?
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 10th Sep 17, 8:43 AM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 86,602 Thanks
    bossymoo
    Hugs FBO, you can have my spoons, I'm running on caffeine today

Welcome back doobop they are not valuing your tidiness, just the structure and space - tidy any excess away, run the duster and vac round, wipe the counters, pop the loo seat down and spray with air freshener

Had v little sleep. But just had a refreshing shower, getting ready for football now. Definitely taking a camping chair today <yawn>
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • Valli
    • By Valli 10th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 20,038 Posts
    • 227,656 Thanks
    Valli
    I have three loads of washing on the line. I have cleaned out the bunny and am clearing up after DS had friends round...because I won't but dirty bottles in recycling I am washing them up.

I'm visiting York tomorrow (miss Cycling) with my friends, which means I will be busy the rest of the week.

Once I have eaten next job is to put the aired ironing away then iron some more...
    £5342.65
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 10th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 34,499 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Oh why did I sleep till 9am? I feel so groggy and will need to do some exercise today or I will never get to sleep tonight! Wasnt late to bed either.

Dizzy I feel for you. The trouble with social anxiety is that you go somewhere, then analyse every word you said afterwords, picking it over until you convince yourself that you sounded stupid and everyone was quietly laughing at you. So next time you talk yourself out of going and then feel annoyed with yourself for missing out. I dont have the answer but I do know how it feels! Hope today is better x

Valli if I washed the bottles after DS has had his friends round for pre-drinks I would be there all weekend. I swear the bin man thinks we have a problem in this house.

So - flying. About 5 hours yesterday sorting laundry, stripping beds, dusting, hoovering and tidying. DH took me out for tea so I didnt have to cook - did wonder why he couldnt have just cooked - but it was a nice treat.

DS asked if I fancied taking him and gf to the big shops today. I quite fancy having a look for some new bedroom curtains. DH was sulky because he doesnt want to go, will see what happens this morning.

Off for a shower and wash my hair, oh and hang out another load of washing! Have a nice Sunday everyone x
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 10th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 22,912 Posts
    • 88,388 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    I haven't posted in ages as I'm about 3 weeks behind on the forums and I'm reading back! I had a question I know you can help with though! Someone is coming to do a valuation as we're getting a better mortgage deal so, what are my priorities in clearing up?! OH will hoover and do bathrooms, and I'll clean the kitchen, not sure about other things - clutter etc?
    Originally posted by Doobop
    Get shot of Stuff. It makes it look as though you don't have enough space to put things away.

Got persuaded to go to a fundraising gig yesterday in aid of Sepsis Awareness. Couldn't refuse, particularly as somebody from University's wife has been in Intensive Care since mid August with it. Got more soaked than if I'd had a bucket of water chucked over me, so we left quite early and I spent the evening in a dressing gown because I had got chilled to the bone.

Debating about hoiking Himself out of bed as somebody's coming tomorrow afternoon to fix the dripping kitchen tap that is probably costing far too much money on the water bill and they need to be able to get to the sink without contracting Tetanus. And then somebody else is coming to deal with the non existent hot water pressure on Thursday afternoon. It's only taken six years to convince anybody that it isn't normal with a brand new system for hot water to trickle and only work when it feels like doing it.

I hear movement upstairs. There might be life stirring up there.

He's down. The kettle's on and he might be about to speak to me.

Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 10-09-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Sep 17, 11:32 AM
    • 9,664 Posts
    • 104,300 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Dizzy (((HUGS)))
    LW and Dizzy - huge hugs for you both x I totally understand where you both are coming from and I am often convinced that people will talk about me when I've left or that they only put up with me out of pity or because they have to I used to be so different - out virtually every weekend and with a big circle of friends

However - I have managed a few Flymeets in the past so there is hope
    Originally posted by froddington
    Thanks for this - I shall hang onto the hope, however tenuous.
    The big difference with me is that I've never had friends; I never really learned to socialise as a child - I couldn't relate to the other kids at all, and quickly found that staying away from them was my best option. I do remember once overhearing a neighbour whom I had to call "Auntie Wendy" remarking to my mother that if I was a boy, she'd wonder if I was autistic (back then, it wasn't recognised that girls could be on the autistic spectrum) and I do have to wonder if I am indeed on the spectrum, just not diagnosed.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 10th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 35,943 Posts
    • 463,367 Thanks
    pigpen
    LW.. friends are over-rated.. they are blooming hard work.. As a child I had 1 friend who was as much an outcast as me. We are all on the spectrum.. I usually come in as ADD with social anxiety.. I just dislike people in general... I think the human race is amazing but people are horrible and stupid, like cattle they go where the media leads and that really annoys me.. think for yourselves damn you!!! lol.. it is like living in the matrix where everyone is asleep bar a select few. I am actually at the point where I know that whatever I do people will talk about me.. I don't fit social norms.. I have 'too many' children, I'm overweight, I have no brain to mouth filter and often say the most ridiculous things but if they are talking about me they are leaving some other poor person alone, right? Noone can dislike me more than I can so I roll with it. My cats like me, your visitors like you.. we are both just perfect!!
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 10th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 4,509 Posts
    • 45,536 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    (((Hugs))) Dizzy. It sounds as though you're running on empty. After all the excitement about the kitchen going in it's hardly surprising that now that it's finally been installed you've pretty much burnt yourself out this week. And after the past few weeks of the summer holidays with all the building work that's been going on, coupled with the kids and chickens and and and .... I hope you can have a bit of a rest before you need to get geared up again for the next part of the process, whatever that might be.

I did rather wonder how you were managing to keep an eye on the tabloids while you were driving down the motorway Ionafan, so thanks for the clarification. Sorry to hear about the squirrel splat - Kelpie's pulled me over chasing after rabbits before now and it shakes one up a bit, so I hope you're okay now that everything's been washed.

Glad to hear DS2 helped yesterday Dancemum.

I've spent a couple of hours this morning in the yard sorting out various piles of gibble that needed to be scrubbed and sorted post-seagull chick care duties. It looks a lot better. That's broken the back of Tadpole No 1, and I've managed to create some order in the cupboard under the front steps that's been irritating me for weeks, Tadpole No 2.

Ideally I'd like to hose down the front path where it's been scrubbed but the only neighbour with a hose out front is away. She's disconnected the hose and put it away out of my reach, irritatingly, so I'll have to use watering cans to wash it down instead. It'll need a few more scrubs because it's really, really bad.

Devil Cat's tumour is, I think, really hurting him today so I've dosed him up with tramadol in pate smeared on his front leg. He's still got a bit more pate to get down his throat but he's washed quite a bit off.
    Very surprisingly he's nowhere near as hysterical as I thought he'd be - he went completely mad when he had whiff of valerian as a young cat so I've steered him well clear of any drugs since.

Bucket of spoons available by the front door, so anyone who needs some can help themselves.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 10th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 22,912 Posts
    • 88,388 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Well, he's done some washing up and made a second coffee.

I have

Cleaned the bathroom sink
    Cleaned the outside of the loo
    Cleaned the bath
    Cleaned the tiles
    Made all the taps shine
    Emptied the bin
    Emptied the floor bin of his contact lens packets
    Put his 'not good enough for face or head, but I suppose they'll do for your legs' razors into the cartridge holder rather than around the bathroom. But will continue to pinch his new blades
    Made arachnid candy floss
    Stuck descaler down the loo
    Wondered how he's managed to snap the solid metal toilet roll holder off the wall
    Decided not to ask him in case there's a convoluted explanation of how it happened and how it should have been fixed/constructed or he decides to try and fix it with Gorilla Glue
    Wiped every skirting board and the bath panel
    Wondered what possessed the person who installed the bathroom to put skirting board across the bottom of the panel
    Noted that I really need to sand it all down to take off the cracked and peeling bits and then repaint it in eggshell
    Reminded him that we have a new drainer rack to save huge piles of wet crockery balanced on the countertop things being knocked off the drainer by the Idiot Cat
    Cleaned the dust off the light fitting
    Asked him to put it back up from the beginning of the week when he replaced the bulb
    Swept 17 arachnid legs up. Either the fluffy cat is doing her best to earn her keep whilst we sleep or there are mutants running about after dark.
    Picked up all the dirty washing off the floor and put it into the linen bin with all my clothes that need washing
    Put a washload on
    Wondered whether the WM being set to 60 degrees has something to do with why I felt like I'd put weight on over the last week. Set it back to 30.
    Decided that the two eightlegged squatters on the ceilings can stay, as they might be useful in dealing with flying pests in the absence of rent and providing the Fluffy Cat with some entertainment and exercise
    Asked Himself to get the landing lightfitting down so I can clean it when he goes up to put the bathroom one back up
    Dusted the banisters
    Made more arachnid candy floss on my way down the stairs
    Reclaimed the coffee table from the Idiot Cat, who resisted the removal of all the gibble he loves to sit on and kick off onto the floor
    Put the music books left on the coffee table away
    Put the CDs I haven't seen before, so probably came from the charity shop onto the rack out of the way
    Found the trackball's ball. Glared at the completely innocent Idiot Cat who appeared to be very interested in getting it under the cabinet, possibly to try and go all Indiana Jones on the Racing Arachnid he chased under there last night

Watched himself try to log into a new joint Google Account for the new Freesat/Android box five times before asking whether he meant to be typing 'o' rather than '0'.

Himself's next task is to go and get some more washing up liquid. Not entirely happy about the non eco friendly stuff he got last time, as I could smell the scent across the house and on every cup and plate despite rinsing, so asked for plain Fairy as a stopgap.

Why do the manufacturers put so much perfume into things now? I can't wear any of the clothes my colleague gave me until they've been rewashed because they absolutely reek of fake flowers and I don't want butterflies confused by the scents in preference to their food plants.

Roll on payday so I can stick an order in for more Ecover.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Valli
    • By Valli 10th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 20,038 Posts
    • 227,656 Thanks
    Valli
    Ii have

been to allotment and picked raspberries, beans, groundsel and chickweed (for the rabbit) and nasturtium flowers (for my salad).
    come home and brought washing in folding as i go and hanging two items straight on hangers as they don NOT need ironing so I shan't.
    Resawdusted the rabbit hutch.
    sorted what DS has flung in bin and bagged it properly.
    Turned a chicken breast into sunday dinner for DD (she's been to the hospice) and another into salad for me.
    read jjtf's post and chuckled
    Sky has now lightened back up *rolls eyes* so I needne't have worried.
    £5342.65
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 10th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    • 2,364 Posts
    • 14,562 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    So far I have done 3 loads of laundry, collected a hire van, made cooked breakfast and lunch, leaf-hoovered the drive, cleaned leaves out of drain on drive, layered loads of clothes on heated airer and done some work admin for DH.

Kiddies have been playing nicely all day such a rarity, it makes my heart soar! SiL gave me a huge bag of clothes for DS I've washed those too as I want them to smell of our house such a saddo.

I've cooked a spag bol for the kiddies tea so I can put my feet up later. Off to pay a tax bill x
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 10.9.17 - £122,780
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 10th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 86,602 Thanks
    bossymoo
    I've done bog all really - and I'm bushed. But I'll frame myself and go change the beds. Ds lost at footy but was a good game and he did well. The other team seemed massive in comparison, and ds is tall. Anyway, season has begun and we seem to be in the swing of it all.

Baby has gone home. He's been a little love, and likes his cuddles. But I'm relieved I can chill out now haha. Mum said she slept for 10hours. I certainly didn't lol.

Right, clean beds!
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 10 - #91
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 10th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 3,273 Thanks
    Fayolle
    OK. Reading back over the thread today, I now feel very guilty at how little has been done round here today. I don't think that what felt like no sleep last night yet again helped, but yes I am just looking for an excuse! It's blowing a gale outside and raining which doesn't help the mood.
    Right, you lot have inspired me to move. Bathroom it is!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 10th Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    • 35,943 Posts
    • 463,367 Thanks
    pigpen
    Fayolle.. I have done nothing ..

I have laundry to do and fold,
    uniforms to sort,
    socks to pair,
    DW to run,
    pack ups to sort,
    shoes to sort.. school are collecting old shoes to send to Africa so I have at least a binbags worth to fling in their needy direction.. they will need an extra boat by the time I've finished! I have so much to do and what am I doing??
    Considering whether OH would make a good swimming instructor,
    exploring swimm sessions in the local hydrotherapy pool for Twinkle.. I can't do public pools but I am less repulsed by the idea of a hydrotherapy pool.. yes I'm a freak it's fine, I already know!..
    Girls needs shower/bug check
    Reading books need reading

And so far today I have.. filled 1 basket with laundry.. because the cat has pee'd on it and it was stinky.

ok.. ok.. I'm moving... I hate that I am so lazy!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,073Posts Today

8,380Users online

Martin's Twitter